Is PF52 biggest filter without adapter?

87gninpa

Doing oil change tomorrow and dont have time to get an adpater this time around. Is there anything bigger than a PF52 that will go onto the stock threads? ( GM or aftermarket?) Just looking ot gain a # or two of oil pressure at idle, its ~10 while hot

With a bigger filter you might actually lose pressure, it depends.

10 does seem kinda low, raise your idle :p

TurboDave, where cna i get a Baldwin filter? 77tech, then why do they sell the biggie oil filter adapters that raise youre pressure a # or two when installed? Bigger filter = more pressure

Baldwin filters are industrial grade materials, and as such, can't be had at the run of the mill auto parts store.
I got mine at my local ACE hardware store. Most places that sell heavy duty or farm stuff should carry them.

By the way, raising the idle can help if its at a low level like the facroty chip settings were however you can't change the idle level w/o changing it in the chip...fyi.

I wouldn't raise the idle to correct a weak oil pressure...try using thicker oil. My oil pressure jumped almost 10psi hot (running just under 180), using 20W50 instead of 10W40 :)

Shuterdown, i used to use mobil 1 10-30 then i switched to 15-50 for the summer. i didnt have a guage when i ran the 10-30, but i did with the 15-50 and im at ~ 10 hot. i just bought castrol synthetic blend 20-50(mobil doesnt have 20-50) and ill see how that goes. i figure sythentic blend is just as good as full synthetic(and about half the price!) i know raising idle is no way to cure this, besides my car idles perfectly as it is......thaks fro all the input guys

maybe part of my problem is that my car always runs between 180-200, never under 180 except on the highway(i doa lot of city driving) i already have the 160 stat so i guess im going to have to get the dual fan setup....

If you're having heat problems, the dual-fan setup won't get you that far; I know of guys running 10's with the stock fan. I think it's quite adequate.

Make sure your chip is running the fan all the time above 170 or so...and if so, then you will most likely need to get a 4-core rad. It'll take care of all your heat problems!

guess ill have to with a new rad then.....are the aluminum f-body rads as good as a 4-core?

Originally posted by Shuterdown

Make sure your chip is running the fan all the time above 170 or so...

I put a jumper wire across the resistor so that way the fan runs on highspeed all the time. Doing it that way it also has highspeed from the sensor on the intake incase a wire broke or melted and caused the chip control to stop working.

With it running high all the time just idling in my driveway the fan comes on at 175 and it can cool the car down to 165 where it turns the fan off.

Using the low speed the temps would climb to 200.

But my car runs cool down the highway, never gets over 180, and usually on a cooler day runs 160-165 with a 165 degree stat.