Is my driveshaft too short?

2kSSLS1

I just received my new driveshaft in yesterday and Im thinking its too short, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion. I slip it into the tranny and then seat the u-joint into the pinion yolk and the slip yolk slips in half way. The slip yolk is roughly 4 inches, so 2 of those inches sticks into the tranny. Is that enough? Will it be a problem or could it be dangerous? Should I send it back to get it lengthened? I waited almost a month for this shaft to complete my conversion and Im just so disappointed. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Ok...I did some measuring! If I slide the shaft all the way into the tranny, it goes in 3 1/4". If I pull it back and seat it on the pinion yolk and bolt it down, it goes in 1 3/4". So there is a 1 1/2" difference. The output shaft on the tranny sticks out 5/8". So the slip yolk is really touching 2 3/8" on the output shaft of the tranny. Is that enough? Thanks.

With the vehicle resting of the tires, you should see between 3/4" to 1" of the yoke sticking out of the trans, from the seal surface.