Is It Just Me?

KILL4PEACEUSMC

Team Infidel
Subject: Is It Just Me?

... As you watch the flooding in the Midwest , have you noticed that there are no farmers running around with stolen plasma TVs or holding stolen liquor over their heads. There's no looting or yelling 'Where's Bush?', 'Where's FEMA?, Where's my check?', or 'Why isn't the Gov't out here saving me and my farm?'

You see the people living there filling their own sandbags.

Likewise, I've also noticed there are no reports of any other country coming to help or sending aid.

Shocking contrast isn't it???!!!!

... As you watch the flooding in the Midwest , have you noticed that there are no farmers running around with stolen plasma TVs or holding stolen liquor over their heads. There's no looting or yelling 'Where's Bush?', 'Where's FEMA?, Where's my check?', or 'Why isn't the Gov't out here saving me and my farm?'

Likewise, I've also noticed there are no reports of any other country coming to help or sending aid.

Shocking contrast....absolutely agree. Some people look to government to solve their problems....Others look inward.

Noone is claiming that the government blew up a damn or did something else to cause this, either.

That goes to show hard working middle class people work, thats what we are taught. I need more $$$ I work another job or longer hrs. People who rely on goverment and the hard working middle class, are used to taking and feel it's owed to them! Thats why if the people who feel it's owed to them try and take from me or loot my house, I would exercise my 1st ammendment right to bear arms ( which was upheld a few days ago) and shoot there ass!!;)

Midwest flooding

I thank you guys for your comments! You can't imagine what a few good comments means. My parents house is almost completely under water.:frown: They were out of town when the river (Mississippi) started getting dangerously high. All they have is what my wife and I and some friends got out. It could be worse. We got maybe 2/3s of their stuff out. I feel guilty that we didn't get everything out.:mad:

Brandon

The silver lining for the farmers in this is that their crops will be worth so much more next year. I read some articles that stated fertilizer for corn is between $300-400/ton this year and next year may see $1000/ton. For the farmers who have not had all their stockpiles destroyed, this will put them ahead next year. Keep in mind, they grow something that has incredible value and the market feels the impact or their crops being gone. When everything goes up as a result, the market is begging for them to produce next year and willing to pay them more per bushel. I hope it works out for them... still glad to see they have not lost hope and the spirit of what it means to EARN a living.

Well put.

Although I am in no danger myself this is VERY close to where I live. They are calling for more rain tonight as well. Another levy has broken just north of me in the town my boss lives in and he has been ordered to evacuate. The extreme flooding is also causing other problems, the deer have nowhere to go and are heading to the highways in herds causing many accidents.

Bryan

I thank you guys for your comments! You can't imagine what a few good comments means. My parents house is almost completely under water.:frown: They were out of town when the river (Mississippi) started getting dangerously high. All they have is what my wife and I and some friends got out. It could be worse. We got maybe 2/3s of their stuff out. I feel guilty that we didn't get everything out.:mad:

Brandon

Very sorry to hear about your parents house. Material things can be replaced thank God your family is safe! You guys hang in there and stay strong, the waters will receed and life will carry on. The people affected by these events have been a credit to our nation through their strength in the face of great adversity. You folks are the backbone of our country and have shown why we are the greatest nation on earth. Our prayers are with you.

That goes to show hard working middle class people work, thats what we are taught. I need more $$$ I work another job or longer hrs. People who rely on goverment and the hard working middle class, are used to taking and feel it's owed to them! Thats why if the people who feel it's owed to them try and take from me or loot my house, I would exercise my 1st ammendment right to bear arms ( which was upheld a few days ago) and shoot there ass!!;)

You need to take a refresher course on the amendments.;)

When we had our "flood of the century" we didn't have those problems either. We have all kinds of people here, some of them made out like bandits in the end but we didn't have the stealing and crazyness....

Whats the difference which ammedment it is anyway,so i had a typo,2nd,2nd,2nd,2nd hows that now.As long as I can have the right to own a weapon for either hunting or protection.
The point of this thread is the hard working people in a crisis right know that have the balls and courage to stand up for themselves fix whats been taken from them and not cry foul and blame whoever for it! They are real Americans. If all who live in this country were the same, our economy would not be in the ****ter right now. God Bless to yhose people and families.