Is it for me?

RUBRMAN

EVADANG
I was just wondering if alky is for me, or not. 1st off here is my combo: cold air intake, GT67,front mount(pte),70mm with plenum, ported intake,roller cam, champion aluminium heads, steel rods and crank, je pistons, 83# injectors, -10 fuel line w/adjustable regulator,weldon 2015 pump, F.A.S.T,atr headers,3"DP, ck3600 stall, built 200r, and 4.10 rear end (in there since I bought the car in 89') PTE built the motor and said I didn't have to run race gas all the time, but should most of the time. I have put 300miles on it since I put it in the car, and It runs pretty well on pump gas. I don't really race the car all the time but like to hang out on the weekends, and maybe eat some rice if it rolls up. I've been thinking about alky and I guess a powerplate? Is the power plate neccessary. I've researched the alky kits, and RAZOR to me makes the best kit cause it's progressive. Should I have dual nozzle, or one, or just run straight race fuel. Is my combo to radical, or does anybody else have similiar with great succes on alky.
Thanks for any advise.
P.S the F.A.S.T system still needs to be tweaked and any differences on alky I should know about.

Alky is for everyone that doesn't want to run race gas yet run high boost and timing. I am at 30 psi and 24 deg on a 97k stock long block with a TE-60, 50s, 340, PTE FM, & complete ATR exh.
I love it, you tune the car once for both the track and the street. The only down side it that once your car taste the alky it becomes and alky haulass! I have Razor aka Julio's (wwww.alkycontrol.com) kit on my car and my wifes 03 Regal GS.
His kit is the best in my and many others opinion. All I can say is that you can't and won't be dissapointed with Julio's kit. The best parts and the best service, period.:D

Give him a call, he is very helpfull!

I will be doing razors kit for SURE!! Love what you did for the 03' by the way. Since I've been researching alky, it seems that everybody is on a stock block with not that many mods. I pretty much understand the reason why you run alky. It seems that you get better performance out of it without that many mods. I maybe totally off but I haven't really ran the car hard yet!! I want to make sure I have all bases covered. The only think that probably make me not sure is the FAST system because I'm not 100% good at doing all the adjustments on it. I still have to bring the car to PTE for better fine tuning.
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks Mike for the words.

2 Slow is running a Stage motor in his car, Richie Hi-Psi is running a slightly detuned version of your motor, will it allow you to run more boost and make more power than you could on pump gas? Absolutely.

How much? Only tuning will tell. But it is substancial.

Your FAST takes a little learning to figure out. And would really be slick to dial down the injectors and run higher volumes of methanol to make even more power. But this requires tuning, even if you shoot alcohol into the motor while its dialed in for the 93 tune, it will work. Its not as critical as say a fuel injector. So it has tremendous leeway.

4.10 gears.. yeow :eek:.. :D