Is Dennis Kirban Still the owner of Kirban Performance???

Originally posted by some 60's musclecar fan
i kind of lost respect for him when he started selling parts for buick regals. i mean come on now putting a GTO catalog next to a 6 cylinder grandma's car (regal) catalog. makes me sick everytime i look at it

Deja vu :eek:

NOTE: This is not a knock on Dennis by me, just pointing out that he sold GTO parts before GN parts. And GTO guys were probably where thinking the same thing about the "new" V6 Regals. I think selling PT Cruiser stuff is a wise move. ;)

Ok....Dennis still ownes the company...he is at the shop every day. Dennis is not the one selling this stuff on Ebay. If you have a problem with the guy on Ebay then email him. If anyone has questions or concerns you can call Dennis at the shop. Dennis has his own Ebay account and has sold stuff in the past. Joe H. you know Dennis so give him a call if you have a question.

Pete

So why do the items sold by 95firehawk on Ebay have Kirban shipping labels on them then if he is in no way connected??? :confused:

Originally posted by Phoff
Ok....Dennis still ownes the company...he is at the shop every day. Dennis is not the one selling this stuff on Ebay. If you have a problem with the guy on Ebay then email him. If anyone has questions or concerns you can call Dennis at the shop. Dennis has his own Ebay account and has sold stuff in the past. Joe H. you know Dennis so give him a call if you have a question.

Pete

Thanks for setting this straight Pete.

Originally posted by some 60's musclecar fan
i kind of lost respect for him when he started selling parts to buick regals. i mean come on now putting a GTO catalog next to a 6 cylinder grandma's car (regal) catalog. makes me sick everytime i look at it

So what? How can you blame the guy? Yeah it sucks to see anything other than our cars in the catalog, BUT you are NOT going to get rich (or even close to being rich) selling parts for 15+ year old Buicks alone. There weren't many of them made in the first place, let alone what's left on the road now. If selling products for other vechicles keeps him in business, I'm all for it. Would you rather him not sell anything at all? :confused:

-Banning.

As I said in my first post if you have a question about this CALL DENNIS. Also he does not read any of these message boards, he is not much of a computer person. He does know about this thread though.
Pete

Who cares what he sells, their are woman selling their asses for money!!!who cares with as picky as we are and limited in numbers you cannot blaim him.

Now on the flip side i to won an e-bay auction from Mr. Petty and received gasket so everything was okay, however the box did say Kirban, Is this legal:confused:

Originally posted by Phoff
he is not much of a computer person. Pete

Which is why 95firehawk is employed by him to do his ebay sales. It all makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up and being so honest with everyone here.

Originally posted by trbo6gn
.......he started selling parts to pt cruisers. i mean come on now putting a gn catalog next to a 4 cylinder mini van (pt cruiser) catalog.

.........and Mustangs.......and BMW M3/Z3's.......and Corvettes.......and Mazda Miatas........and Syclone/Typhoons.......

Dennis finds a niche vehicle and capitalizes on the popular dress-up market for the above cars. Nothing wrong with that.:D

Guys, Guys, Guys,

Calm Down. 1st I have NO KNOWLEDGE that Dennis is or is not associated with this ebay guy. My intent was NOT to associate Dennis in ANYWAY with this ebay guy. My point was that this ebay guy was selling many items that anyone that has been in the Buick community for many years may reasonably assume that these somewhat rare items may have only come from Dennis Kirbans collection, and to me it made a little more sense that since I heard Dennis was no longer the owner. I may have been wrong in putting 2 and 2 together in assuming Dennis may have sold everything off or this ebay guy bought a bunch of items from Dennis and is selling them on ebay As they appeared to have been auctioned, not in single item quantities, but in mass quantity of each item. Today I was informed that this ebay guy bought a bunch of items from Dennis and another Buick guy, even though the ebay guy told me he got the stuff from an estate sale. No harm done .

However, I cannot explain to you why Kirbans Performance shipping labels are on the items the ebay guy is selling, as many have mentioned here. I guess that question needs to be addressed to the ebay guy. Hey, maybe the ebay guy is having them dropped shipped, Nothing at all wrong with that. Happens in my computer business all the time, I'll sell a computer item and it ships directly from my distributors warehouse to my customer.

2nd, I posed the initial question here because a while back, I tried to send Dennis an email to inquire if he would be interested in some rare GNX items that I had. Both emails were bounced/ returned to me. So I recently started to do some "asking". I was told from 2 sources that Dennis was not the owner any longer, and could not confirm who was. So, I posted the question here. Who better would know than someone on this list, right? Well, today, I was told that his son Darrel and his daughter in law were the owners and Dennis still participates. OK with me, No big deal.

As far as the ebay guy, I sent him an email asking if the center caps were "Real" as his ebay ad would leave a reasonable person to assume they were real (with correct part numbers) since the ad did NOT say reproduction or GTA. If they were real, I would bid on them. I asked him the question because I think I recognized they were packaged carefully like Kirbans items are packaged in plastic and just wanted to be sure before I bid. He responded back with the fact that they were reproductions, I'm glad I asked.

I'm glad to see that Kirban's Performance is still in the family and Dennis is still active and is still in the Buick Business. Kirban has always had top notch products and great service. We all know we need our vendor's.

I'm sorry if I caused a ruckus.

Joe

Maybe this guy bought parts from Dennis and is selling them for a small profit leaving on the mailing labels?? Im sure Dennis has nothing to do with this. Hes a straight up guy.. relax all

Cartman..... I was the one that has listed Dennis' stuff on Ebay for him with his ebay account.. If you need something "cleared up" then call Dennis.

Pete

I never had a problem, Dennis is good people in my book, great service and products to. Just weird other people useing his labels, i am sure he would not like this either. :rolleyes:

I just looked and what 95firehawk is selling now would not violate trademarks, excpet maybe some GNX stuff, but the rumor is that GNX stuff is OK.

The rest is original GM brochures, original (new) GM parts and some stuff made GMP. Nothing that Kirban would made made or reproduced in house (which is what the issue is about). There might be one little sticker with a V6 logo that possibly is a reporduction. It certainly doesn't look a "clearing house" for illiegal V6 logo stuff, IMO.