Is Dennis Kirban Still the owner of Kirban Performance???

GNX Guy

I have been told that Dennis Kirban is no longer the owner of Kirban Performance. Can anyone confirm this???

It seems to make sense, since so many items that most likely only Dennis Kirban would have are showing up on ebay in mass qantity, (ie, many items signed by Molly) Check here:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=95firehawk

Also, I contacted the seller about a certain item a few weeks ago and was told that he purchased all of these items at an "Estate Sale" Seller also is from the north east PA area.

Anyone?????

Thanks

Joe

Dennis's son Darrell is the actual owner of Kirbans but Dennis still has an active role in the company.

GNX Guy you have a p.m.

95 firehawk's name is William (Bill) Garner. He is from North Wales PA. 19454. And like most people who like to hide he has a PO Box, #1246, but if you do a Yahoo.com "people search" on him you can get his actual address and phone #. I thought he was Kirbans because everything he is selling is Kirban stuff. I doubt he bought that stuff at an estate sale because in his "Molly" auctions he says that he personally got Molly to sign everything???. Besides if he bought from an estate sale how could he possibly know the exact value of everything he is selling and what's discontinued. Look at his auctions, everything is priced at about $5 more than it's worth. Coincedence? I don't think so... I bought a Molly poster from him that was not in the best shape. The poster pictured in his auction was not the one I received and he made no effort to rectify the situation when I notified him of it. I'd avoid him if the item is not brand new as he misleads buyers on subjective items :mad: Oh well looks like I'm the only whiner... there's 187 people out there that are happy they got hosed by not checking with the dealer first ;)

Rastaz,

I have mail where others report on the same hostility received in response when they attempted to have their problems resolved stemming from eBay auctions with the same person, same eBay name.

They have had no better luck than you. One person paid for 16 items & only received 13. When he was contacted, he only replied: "Check the shipper."

They raise the same question Joe asks, because the boxes arrive from the aforementioned individual's auctions with Kirban shipping labels on them.

I truly hope Dennis Kirban is in NO way involved in any aspect of association/affiliation with those auctions or that individual.

Has anyone called Dennis regarding any of this?

More & more, eBay is a crap shoot, it seems.

Two Lane why has nobody has left him negative feedback??? I was going to give him a week to get back to me before I blasted him. I'm not holding my breath... This guy is a power seller :eek: and he doesn't reply to emails???

And yes my poster came with a Kirban Label on it. At this point I am no longer going to buy from Kirban because I can only assume that this is Kirban or an employee and there is something fishy/dishonest going on here. Oh well Buyer Beware I guess. You've all been warned now...

Originally posted by Two Lane
I truly hope Dennis Kirban is in NO way involved in any aspect of association/affiliation with those auctions or that individual.

Has anyone called Dennis regarding any of this?
Dennis used to sell his stuff under his name, but he hasn't had any auctions posted in a long time.
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=kirbanperformance

This intriques me because 95firehawk does have ALOT of "Dennis-type" stuff.

This is the email that I sent to him inquiring about the validity of his claim that the wheel center caps were "Real GNX" If they were real, I was in: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401979817

I thought Kirban's Performance sold these for $65.00 for a set of 4

Hi,

Could you be kind enough to send me the part number of the cap. You will find it on the inside. I would like to verify that these are real for the GNX, not the GTA ones many folks pass off as real. Are the Decals NOS or are they the ones Kirban offers.

Thanks, Joe

THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED BACK:

"These are reproduction caps similar to the GTA. The emblem is correct for GNX"

You've got to love how he is not being truthful in his auctions. People think half his stuff is real and bid it up insane. The GNX caps in the above auction are a perfect example. Yet he is a "power seller" because he upholds the highest standards of ebay blah, blah, blah....:rolleyes:

north wales pa. is a stones trow away from kirbans shop.i can only assume he got the stuff wholesale because of the gm licence ban on some of his items that kirban was telling us about at his last show, or the guy just wants to make a killing.i hate when dishonest people get over and i hope the word speads about this guy.

Contact Dennis and see what he says. I heard about this 95 fella awhile back. Seems he's been doing this for some time now.:mad:

I talked to Trey a couple weeks ago and Trey said he sold this guy a bunch of stuff.But I think he's also involved with Kirban.

I emailed sales@kirbanperformance.com yesterday and gave them a link to this thread and told them about it. I got a response saying they would forward it to Dennis. So I wouldnt' be surprised to see a post here shortyly from him.

Joe

Dennis religiuosly monitors this board, BUT...he NEVER posts, and most likely NEVER will, he gets his guy Pete, to post.

Soooo.....that being said, Pete, whats the deal?????

GM parts come with GM labeling/packaging, not "loose" or in unmarked, unlabeled plastic bags. These are not. These are likely reproductions, but I'm only 99.9999999% certain.

Notice nowhere in the ad are they referred to as Genuine GM or NOS, only as the vague, non-specific "real-deal".

Why not buy these same repros from a reputable source, and not take a chance on eBay? :confused:

A key point that needs to be examined here is: Where do you go/what do you do when something goes wrong on eBay?

If anything goes "wrong" with an order from a reputable vendor, they turn the world upside-down to make it right.

i kind of lost respect for him when he started selling parts to pt cruisers. i mean come on now putting a gn catalog next to a 4 cylinder mini van (pt cruiser) catalog. makes me sick everytime i look at it