Is an adjustable fuel reg. smog legal?

Most inspection stations probably wouldn't know the difference, so long as it passes the sniffer test (if your state does that) I don't see a problem.

Technically, I don't think it is. I just passed the I/M 240 in Colorado (fast pass!) today with passenger and drivers side breathers and an AFPR. The guys that work at the station have no clue what is or isn't stock on a TR.

Im curious, a little off topic...but whats a good fuel pressure for smog? Should you just leave it the same or lower it a bit?

I usually set the FP to the chipmaker's recommendation. Since Turbotweak chips are open loop chips, I don't have a suggestion for FP settings. I use closed loop chips and my car has passed emissions since 1995

Well, I had him burn and "emissions" chip for me, so Im sure the parameters are different. Ill just ask him for a recomendation I guess.

Originally posted by GNAsuka
Im curious, a little off topic...but whats a good fuel pressure for smog? Should you just leave it the same or lower it a bit?

Since you're going to be using a closed loop chip (or you certainly should be if your state has stringent testing criteria!!!), it doesn't matter a lot (UNLESS you have it adjusted too far away from 40 or so) simply because in closed loop, your ECM is going to compensate for any fuel pressure adjustments through the BLM's.
Remember, in closed loop the chip is always attempting to maintain stoiceometric A/F ratio, so adjusting the fuel pressure 5 or so lbs in either direction will be nullified by the BLM changes that will happen as a result.

Hey Dave,

How come there aren't any pics of the "new" house in the photo gallery?

Neal

blown sn-95, sorry to hijack your thread, but I thought I was going to get some great information about how Neal got a 750 hp staged engine to pass emissions, and all he did was remove the adjustable fuel regulator:D :D :D :D .
By the way, Dave, I too want to see pics of that new mansion.

Joe