Is a used car dealer by law have to notify a buyer if there is a gps system installed

They say that the way it is wired would disable car??????????
They way I look at it is if someone was smart enough to design it and install it someone else is smarter and will figure out how to get around it.

But, supposedly is wired in to where it can not be removed, without causing serious damage.
"They" being the companies that sale them.

Originally posted by John Larkin
mr. dealer has to jump through hoops to find the car and repossess it.

That's why Mr. Buy Here Pay Here gets 60% of the vehicles value as a down payment and charges 27% interest. Cost of doing business

So what if the car is disabled while crossing a RR track, or while you are cruising on a part of the highway with no shoulder, or in a tunnel. Can/Will you lose power steeting and brakes? I know there are enough traffic jams caused by 1 car legitamately breaking down.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
So what if the car is disabled while crossing a RR track, or while you are cruising on a part of the highway with no shoulder, or in a tunnel. Can/Will you lose power steeting and brakes? I know there are enough traffic jams caused by 1 car legitamately breaking down.
Common sense would dictate the disable feature wouldn't shut the car down during it's use, only prevent it from re-starting. I'm somewhat unfamiliar with this technology so I don't know this 100%, but it only makes sense.

I really feel sorry for those poor deadbeats. They should be protected from having to pay their debts. It's only fair. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Red Regal T
I really feel sorry for those poor deadbeats. They should be protected from having to pay their debts. It's only fair. :rolleyes:

Heh, its funny you feel that way...

I was in Shop Rite last week, a lady with 2 kids, gold/diamond necklace, designer clothes, mega buck douoble stroller, etc, pays with food stamps then proceeds to get into her Escalade and drive off.

And I drive a 10 year old truck and work my ass off for everything I have.... including food

Maybe I should stop paying and sue the creditors for harassment??

You should have to do SOMETHING for your food stamps... clerical work for the issuing town from home or SOMETHNG for crying out loud. Its like the scum of the earth get a free ride, and the people who deserve to reap the rewards of hard work are **** on

Welfare and food stamps...what a joke.

I remember on here awhile back... someone was complaining theur mither had to go pick up their welfare check, then in the same breath bragged about their big dollar PC and cable connection (when cable was in its infancy). One of our own! (I forget who it was, but the situarion is in my head still)

Originally posted by TurboJim
Heh, its funny you feel that way...

I was in Shop Rite last week, a lady with 2 kids, gold/diamond necklace, designer clothes, mega buck douoble stroller, etc, pays with food stamps then proceeds to get into her Escalade and drive off.

Hey, that's nothin'. Not only was she getting food stamps and probably a SS disability check for herself, she, like many others, was receiving a nice, fat, social security check, because both her poor little children have Attention Deficit Syndrome. :rolleyes: So if you ever wondered why SS is going broke, now you know.

I have one of " mega buck double strollers " taking up space in my garage if anyone wants one cheap;)

Hey Jim, you can get food stamps for 33 cents on the dollar outside any liquor store in any big City. ;)

Don't bring too much cash with ya though. :eek: :p

Yeah places like ONstar knows where your at..at all times..and I guess possible to hear your conversations also..but as far as a used car dealer doing it & being bad? I dont think so..you step out there & loan all that money to people with bad credit & that leave the state & you have to spend alot more money tracking them..gets costly..I think its great..It keeps alot of people honest..pay your bills & you wont have a problem!!
Most of the ones ive seen anyways you tell them because it has a lil light display like a certain color to let you kknow your within like 2 days or so of your due payment..after several days late you will get a nother color light as a reminder to pay your bill..couple more days it is shut off if not payed..again..pay your bills..one friend of mine here in tennessee found his car all the way in wisconsin going 35 mph on a certain road..yes they skipped town & wasnt gonna pay for the car at all..normally they could ride a long time..even wreck & damage or hide there car from the people that actually had interest in it..they killed the car & sent a local wrecker out to pick it up & then sold it at a close by auction & collected what money they could..again..pay your bills..you owe them not me or anyone else..if you sign on the dotted line..pay..what if we had no way to track the banks we keep our money in? kinda same principle just differnt person..hes protecting his investment..good cars to bad credit people..

Originally posted by TurboBuckeye
That's why Mr. Buy Here Pay Here gets 60% of the vehicles value as a down payment and charges 27% interest. Cost of doing business

60%..dang I need to move there..I cant get that much down payment here..20% max..most of time 10% is all I get down if Im lucky..27% interest would be nice also..doesnt happen here..18.9-23.9 max..most of time 19-21..again pay your bills & you wont be in the shape to have to come see me for a car for that big of interest

Originally posted by sgrim
They say that the way it is wired would disable car??????????
They way I look at it is if someone was smart enough to design it and install it someone else is smarter and will figure out how to get around it.

But, supposedly is wired in to where it can not be removed, without causing serious damage.
"They" being the companies that sale them.

Usually when its being tampered with it lets the company know & therefor they send someone out immediatly to the last locating it was showing on the car
Yes it will kill the car at any time they want it to..im sure they cant tell if your road has a shoulder or anything but they know you didnt pay your bills...
I once repoed a girls car from walmart..she said she didnt have any money but she was in walmart???? what was she doing in there..she didnt work there..she tried to have me arrested because I repoed it with her carseat in it..tried to say her kid was still in there..believe me..I checked the car..she was in there for over an hour..took me 30min to go back & get my rollback..needless to say she got it back & about to get it again..some people never learn