Is a GN with no power options worth more or less ?

Originally posted by BlackBandit
When I first bought my 87 GN I was stoked because it had p/w, a/c, rear defrost, and g80 rear. I was looking for light and fast. Now it has tilt, cruise, and twilight sent.(with concert sound and p/l in the near future :) ) Why, because as fun as it is to have a 'rare' gn, I don't plan on getting rid of it and I like the options. If I was starting a collection I might pay more for a low option gn but for a driver, which I would assume is most of the market, they're probably worth less.

P.S. no particular point in mentioning it but mine was also made for Canada so the speedo's got the kph in big numbers and the mph in small numbers.:D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The BGNRA San Diego show held at Bates Nut Farm is, I believe, coming up 5 June, 2005. this show always brings out it's share og Turbo Regals & Buick powered cars, & some non-Buick powered Buicks.

Like the guys said

Just depends what the buyer is looking for. I am looking at a nice GN right now and if it was a low optioned car it would not matter to me as I would pick condition first and options second.

Originally posted by Wells
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The BGNRA San Diego show held at Bates Nut Farm is, I believe, coming up 5 June, 2005. this show always brings out it's share og Turbo Regals & Buick powered cars, & some non-Buick powered Buicks.

Awesome! I was going to try and make it upu to LA this weekend but I'm still waiting on my tranny.:( I'll definately make the SD show though!

I would rather have a low option car. Less stuff to break. My car is a hard top. Only has posi, and radio with EQ. No power windows or locks, no rear defogger, no cruise, tilt, or anything else.

Re: Interesting......

Originally posted by 1987BuickGN
I too own a low optioned GN, and was curious to find the opinions of the respective owners. Mine is a solid roof, no Power windows, no power door locks, no cruise, no power seat, no tilt, no power antenna,but does have a rear window defroster and Posi(G80). Guess its considered a low weight, low mileage (18k) car. Does narrow the market for buyers, but my main purchase requirement was the solid roof and the G80. Other options, or lack of, didnt help/hinder the purchase.Great reading!

Ooops, I have tilt! MY BAD! Not even sure what MY OWN car has:rolleyes:

I perfer the low option cars, but wouldnt pay more to get one, nor would I think paying more for a highly optioned car is feasible. I think if you are talking 87 (for example) GN, they have all about the same "Value" with mileage and condition being the limiting factors on what one is worth. Some pour alot of money "upgrading" the performance only to see the resale value not to be there when its time to sale, thus "my" thinking on the cars value.

If it were a daily driver, then yes, power options are nice...but for the GN thats rarely driven, who the heck cares and I don't think a collector will care since they aren't driven each day....and as pointed out...less things to go wrong over time...so IMO for a collector they would be more sought after and worth a little more. A collector that doesn't drive the car daily could care less about power options.
Mine has no power windows or locks, no TTops, but does have Cruise and rear defrost.