Is a clean 87 GN T-Top with 88k miles worth 17k?

sdriche308

I am looking for a clean T-Top GN. The pictures aren't great but this car is very clean and has lots of tasteful mods (original parts come with the car). LOTs of chrome. Wondering if the asking price is fair? The only drawback is the miles (88k).

Attachments

• GN1.jpg
    GN1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 284
  • GN2.jpg
    GN2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 264
  • GN3.jpg
    GN3.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 268
I would much rather have a 88 k car that has been taken care of by far then a 40 k car that was beat on then cleaned up.......so yea , a 88 k GN easily be worth it.

Considering the age 88k is far from bad. Condition.looks sweet. Only prob ttop cars are know for leaking and rotting out. Other than ttops I dont see it not being worth that but id look.over car w fine tooth comb. When I got serious about a gn.I.purchased a scanmaster and took it w me when I went on testdrives then just installed it when I purchased it..

Pull the t tops off, take a look. Also, look up, under the dash at the a pillars, for water marks, rust.
Pull the carpet and look there, too.

Just got better pics....I think it's worth the asking price....I'll do the checks as suggested

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 221
Has the wrong maf sensor, but that's ok, just low ball when it runs bad...Then fix it after you buy it, or ask for $200 off price to fix the right sensor...

What Chuck said... look real close , but you know how i feel about t-tops.

Theres a hardtop with 40k something original miles for 14k in Texas on here. That seems like a way better deal to me.

Car looks damn clean !! Only person that can really say what it is worth is you......if you think it is worth 17k then buy it.

Bryan

people are asking crazy prices for GNs now. But I see these cars sitting on the market for months..indicating that they're NOT worth it. If this car were on ebay..bidding would get up to 13k and stall

Why the rush to devalue GNs? I'd kind of like mine to be appreciating, duh.

I dont decide the market , it is what it is. Theres a few with less than 60k miles, excellent shape, less than 14.5$.

There not my cars so I'm not devaluing them.

If it's well cared for it's worth the money. (Not a huge fan chrome though- too much work to keep pretty)

Keep in mind the odometer is an extremely poor guide in trying to assess the actual mileage on these cars.
if it was 88k over 27 years that is approx 3200 miles per yr. 188k is 6900 per yr. So it is possible that it is a well taken care of car w/ 188k driven a lot the first few years and then sparingly there after.
You would need to look for original carpet, and underneath the car in the deep recesses,
$17 big ones seems expensive.