IRC Setup Chat Room

$1987 GN$

Neighbors are SLEEPING ?
The way to access the IRC BuickGN Chat Room:

1) By using a chat program such as mIRC.

For instructions on how to set up mIRC, read the following instructions:

STEP 1: Downloading mIRC
Download the latest version of mIRC at http://www.mirc.com.

Q: What is mIRC?

A: mIRC is a chat client, which is a program to use to connect to and use chat servers.

STEP 2: Installing mIRC

Locate the mIRC installation file in the location that you downloaded it to on your hard drive. Double click it and install it like you would any other
program. Once mIRC has completely installed, run it.

STEP 3: Setting the mIRC Options

orig_attachment_014.jpg

STEP 4: Adding the Nickname Info

orig_attachment_008.jpg

In the mIRC Options window, Fill in the name, Email Address is optional, Your perfered Nickname, and a Alternative Nickname the purpose of the Alternate nick is for use if the Primary is used.

DO NOT CLICK OK proceed to Step 5.

Q: What do I put for a Nickname?

A: A Nickname is the name you want to use while in the chat room. This can be your real name, your personal nickname, your message board user name, etc...

STEP 5: Entering the Buick Chat Server Information

orig_attachment_003.jpg

Click on Servers on the left of the window, Click Add , in the Add Server window enter the following information:

Description: Buick Chat
IRC Server: irc.blitzed.org Check your spelling
Port: 6667

Then click the Add button.

The Buick chat server is now added to the chat server list in mIRC.

NOTE: Once the Buick Chat server has been added to the chat server list, it will always be there the following times you run mIRC. You will not have to follow this step the next time you use mIRC.

STEP 6: Connecting to the Chat Room

orig_attachment.jpg

Click the Connect to Server button.

STEP 7: Adding the Buick Chat Room to the List of mIRC Chat rooms

orig_attachment_007.jpg

In the mIRC Favorites window, enter the following information:

Channel: #BuickGN

Then click the Add button. Add Channel window, Channel: #BuickGN, Options place checkmark in Join on connect, then click OK

Note: It is very important that the pound sign (#) be the first character in the channel name also the Join on connect has a check mark. All other information such as Password and Description can be left blank.

Once #BuickGN has been added to your list of channels, it will always be there the following times you run mIRC. You will not have to follow this step the next time you use mIRC.

STEP 8: Joining the Buick Chat Room

orig_attachment_010.jpg

Remove the checkmark at the bottom of the mIRC Favorites window: Pop up favorites on connect

Then click the Join button.

STEP 9: Chat the day or night away!

orig_attachment_002.jpg

You should now be in the BuickGN Chat room.

To chat, enter your desired text in the bottom area of the main chat window and press the Return key.

To chat privately with someone, double click their Nickname in the window on the right of the main chat window.

Note: Please keep a friendly atmosphere when chatting. No extreme profanity or negative conversations.

If you are not sure about something then please post here and ask questions there is good help available.

Later AJ

Come on guys we could always use a few more people in there :biggrin: Usually if you talk and no one respondes we are away for some reason but dont think no one is talking to you :) Usually around 7 pm est the channel really picks up and goes on till about midnight altough there are a few night owls who come on ( IE me ;) )

:biggrin:

Great post AJ!

negative the sever did not change and is currently up and running :biggrin:

Irc.blitzed.org

#buickgn

hth
Jim

tried that could never get the settings to work on mac, tried two different IRC's I will look for a different. Was just curious if anyone else was on mac and got one to work.

i know this is quite old, but if anyone is interested and getting on and chatting, i use an irc for another hobby, and i know a free program that is quite simple to use for mac users and i know there a tons out there for PC's.