Internal Engine Cleaner

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Has anyone had experience using an internal engine cleaner such as Rislone (active ingredient probably kerosene)? I have a little lifter noise on #4 cylinder (flat tappet stock cam-GM lifters) and thought I would try this stuff before pulling the intake manif.The engine's vitals are terrific and there is no boost/vacuum gage fluctuations at all.The noise seems to reduce when oil pressure increases.I guess this cleaner when used for a short time (whatever the instructions suggest) would not deteriorate turbo seals etc.Thanks for looking.

Dump a 1/2 quart of dex VI in it and drive it for a while. It has a very high detergent in it and should clean out sludge if it's there. You can add as much as a full quart if you want to.

Go to NAPA and get yourself a can of SEA FOAM (been around along time) Iv'e quited down alot of clicky, sticky lifters with it. Works great!! Also have seen NO ill affects when using it.

Don't put anything in the engine except OIL!!! Pull the intake and disassemble the lifter and clean it out. You probably have crud in the lifter that needs to be eliminated. Do it right or don't do it!!

Go to NAPA and get yourself a can of SEA FOAM (been around along time) Iv'e quited down alot of clicky, sticky lifters with it. Works great!! Also have seen NO ill affects when using it.

mike tell me more about SEA FOAM. i assume that is the brand name but what section should i find it in, i have some clicky,sticky lifters and this stuff sounds like it might help. thanks for the help

Second the Marvel Mystery oil
Add one qt, drive it for 30-60 min then drain and replace with new oil
Used it on many engines before I took them apart no issues

Second the Sea foam. I have used this in many of my cars including my gn and it always worked great. It is a petrolum product so it will not harm an engine. It works really good for cleaning out carbon in the top end of a motor. I think it used to only be available to the marine industry so it has been around for years..It has many uses just read the can..it cost like 8 bucks and works awsome IMO..I always had noticible results in smoothness and quietness of my engines.............good ****!!

phillyvader,

I have also had the same results with Sea Foam and I don't even believe in Snake Oils. An OLD mechanic told me about it years ago and Iv'e only used it for sticky, clicky lifters and it's worked EVERY time.:eek::D

hello men; I used to do the mystery oil thing in my oil when I had a 350 olds and I use to put it in my fuel as I needed lead and it was suppose to help.
Never seam to have any issues.
IBBY

turbodave,
Might I ask you how your taking roller lifters apart to clean them?? Have you ever tried Sea Foam for sticky lifters? Iv'e had more problems with those piece of S--T comp roller lifters than you can even imagine and NO most of those Nothing could fix them as the machine work, tolerences ect. are just horrible. I know as I even sent some back to Ed Morel some years back to have him check them out.

hello people; I forgot but when I was racing a go kart at NHIS if I had any remaining fuel left I put it in my van. I was very high octane in a 2 stroke mix. I think it made the van run better.
who knows
IBBY