Interior Painting...

Orion231

Ok, so I tired to use denatured alky and clean the pieces, then I painted with a Krylon spray paint and it's awful, it peels right off AND I used a clear coat! So I ordered Kirban's paint and I guess I have to do it all over again...so what do I have to do to get it to stick? I mean surely I can do something to get it to work! What do I do guys?

Thanks,
Cory

Making sure to wear rubber gloves (Hazmat quality), wipe down the plastic parts to be painted with acetone after putting a "micro-scuff" surface prep on them with 000 steel wool.

That should do nicely with Kirban's paint. Put the painted pieces where they can be mildly warmed (sunlight--sunlamp--floodlight)
while drying, ideally.

HTH :)

SEM makes the proper prep materials for painting vinyl.

Any local auto paint store should have SEM. I painted the power seat trim grey over tan and it worked very well.

Excellent...

Ok now my only question is, can I have this paint mixed anywhere? I know that sounds dumb, but does any other place have this paint that you guys know of? Thanks! :D

Oh yeah I understand that, what I meant was can I take this paint I got from kirban and MATCH it to someone else's spray paint somewhere, or if you guys know of a brand paint that is the same color? Too bad they can't mix it and pump it in an aersol can huh? :(

I had my local auto paint store mix a pint paint (for plastic bumpers etc.) to match my "claret". I used a cheap gravity feed touch up gun and the plastic parts came out nice. The color is good but I wish I went with my other paint chip choice, very close though. Prepped with SEM cleaner. http://www.semproducts.com/sempages/semproductindex.html