Interesting Email I got. Please Read....

Woah. Some people need to take some courses on economics. And I would say yes most of you are as dumb as you appear if you think boycotting China would do any good for our economy. We trade our green paper for their goods.

The reason why we buy from them is because those goods are made for less cost in China. If we boycotted China then all we would end up doing is paying more for the same good or service elsewhere. The economy would enter a long recession or depression depending on how long we kept this up. Also, many of our wonderful luxurious service jobs in the office working on a computer would have to shift back to lower paying harder working industry.

Spending money on products made in china does not hurt the U.S. economy. The U.S. dollar can only be spent in one economy and that is ours. What we spend on China's products simply comes back to us as either them buying our products or investing it in a piece of our economy. While you may not see the effect quite as directly as buying from a U.S. company, the net effect is easier access to loans, investment, and someone to export to.

I still do agree that many of the items made in China are of poorer quality than those made in the U.S., a little competition only makes things better price and quality for all of us.

I have seen so many of these posts on many different forums and it always disturbs me deep inside but usually I don't comment for fear of angering someone but I can't keep it inside for much longer.
sorry for the long post.
Scott

My concern with this situation is the trade deficit and the rapidly expanding Chinese investment in the United States economy. The deficit continues to grow at a staggering $1 Billion dollars per day. It is presently about $1.4 Trillion. Because China is a communist country, all of the money flowing in is controlled by the government. Presently, they are investing about 50% of it in the U.S. and other countries.

Incidently Mr. T Rubble, your opening paragraph is both arrogant and insulting. You may know a little about economics, but you apparently know nothing respectful behavior. If you ever expect anyone to listen to what you have to say, try not insulting them before you say it.

Sorry about insulting you, but the original poster asked. I just saw some irony in thinking that Americans are dumb for the opposite reason. I don't appreciate the whole Americans are dumb mentality that goes around these days. We are some of the smartest people in the world but we are always being made out to seem like idiots, guess when they go to Disneyland and ask random people about politics it would be easy to about anyone look dumb (in reference to these "Americans are dumb" videos I have seen showing up on youtube and everywhere else). I guess when you are the most prosperous nation in the world than jealousy from everyone else tends to come as a side effect. Again sorry for insulting anyone just responding to the OP's question.

Trade deficits are not a bad thing as most politicians would have you believe. All they do is bring more investment back into the country as I mentioned earlier. The trade deficit means we are getting more things while they are getting IOU's from us and is a symptom of a country who many countries feel is a strong investment.

Basically, we are getting a lot more goods then they are getting while they are spending their money on government bonds, making it easier to get loans for businesses, which makes it easier for us to make more money.

What can China do with our money to hurt us? Buy U.S. made goods? Invest in U.S. companies? Burn the money? (That wouldn't be a bad thing maybe it would put a hedge on inflation.)
A trade deficit is just a result of other countries betting on our future wealth.

Sorry about insulting you, but the original poster asked. I just saw some irony in thinking that Americans are dumb for the opposite reason. I don't appreciate the whole Americans are dumb mentality that goes around these days. We are some of the smartest people in the world but we are always being made out to seem like idiots, guess when they go to Disneyland and ask random people about politics it would be easy to about anyone look dumb (in reference to these "Americans are dumb" videos I have seen showing up on youtube and everywhere else). I guess when you are the most prosperous nation in the world than jealousy from everyone else tends to come as a side effect. Again sorry for insulting anyone just responding to the OP's question.

Trade deficits are not a bad thing as most politicians would have you believe. All they do is bring more investment back into the country as I mentioned earlier. The trade deficit means we are getting more things while they are getting IOU's from us and is a symptom of a country who many countries feel is a strong investment.

Basically, we are getting a lot more goods then they are getting while they are spending their money on government bonds, making it easier to get loans for businesses, which makes it easier for us to make more money.

What can China do with our money to hurt us? Buy U.S. made goods? Invest in U.S. companies? Burn the money? (That wouldn't be a bad thing maybe it would put a hedge on inflation.)
A trade deficit is just a result of other countries betting on our future wealth.

Uhhh, Im the OP and if you RE-Read it. It says EMAIL I GOT and posted. Im not asking anything! And he says im dumb. :rolleyes:

Ok, sorry about that I must have been responding to the email that was posted in your post. Hope that clears up the confusion. Before everyone hates me which I'm sure I probably have pissed everyone off by now, I am not arguing about you as a person. Please understand, I am sure you all are nice people, as am I but most people have no reason to know anything about economics in their day to day life working at their jobs and thus don't know anything about it. Now you guys can correct me when I'm wrong about fixing a car or computer or something else. Economics just happens to be in my field of study.

Now, if anyone disagrees with me on a valid point I'm all ears.