intercoolers

Hi Iknow the season is bout to start back up soon I been debating on a front mount or a sli the car is mostly street some drag but i want something that going to give me more power but don't hurt drivabilitie so any help will be helpful thanks

I have a huge Cotton's front mount and couldn't be happier. Like I said it's huge, great fit and finish and makes me think that I'll never have to buy another intercooler again!:smile:

Claude. :wink:

What are your mods?If you have a mostly stock motor you can get a Dutt neck stock intercooler,Razor's alky injection and turn up the boost to make more power.

What are your mods?If you have a mostly stock motor you can get a Dutt neck stock intercooler,Razor's alky injection and turn up the boost to make more power.

X2

I have a pte stock location intercooler and couldn't be happer with it.

You need to put in your signature what all your car has so people can help you better. :cool:

I don't think you will see much difference in ET at the track between a good SLIC and a good FM because you normally have a good amount of cool down time between runs. I have always been partial to FM's and they do cool down a little quicker being away from engine compartment heat but I don't think that makes a huge difference but every little bit helps. If you drive in a lot of traffic with the a/c on the SLIC might be a better choice. With a good cooling system a FM can be down without causing over heating issues but of course a 3" or 4" intercooler core in front of the radiator does put a strain of the cooling system.

Ok I have a newly rebuilt motor 42lb injector te44 powerplate 3in dp hooker 2.5 catback 255 fuelpump hotwired 3000 stall built trans razors alky kit bigmouth intake custom chip and tune by anderson performance 100lb valve spings and the car has been 12.20 at 109

Unless your going to upgrade more in the future, at your performance levels I'd go with SLIC, or I have no complaints with my duttnecked stock intercooler.

Ok I have a newly rebuilt motor 42lb injector te44 powerplate 3in dp hooker 2.5 catback 255 fuelpump hotwired 3000 stall built trans razors alky kit bigmouth intake custom chip and tune by anderson performance 100lb valve spings and the car has been 12.20 at 109

x2 on the duttnecked stock intercooler

Now all this that you typed you need to put in you sig.

Click on user cp

Then click on Edit Signature and put it there.

You wont be disappointed with a Dutt neck stock intercooler,you can pick one up for about 150-200 dollars and you won't add any more weight to the car.I used to have a PTE stretched it was an awesome intercooler but with my mods it made more sence to go with a Dutt neck intercooler and spend the savings on Razors alky injection soon to come. :D

The PTE has more surface area and in theory should cool better and be less prone to heat soak. I don't know what the pressure drop is across one. The Dutt neck is way cheaper and many have used it with no problems. They require a good welder/fabricator though. I saw a how to thread somewhere, or maybe it was instructions that came with it. I'll see if I can find it.

My friend has one and ended up needing dual spal fans and still ran hot.

ANY front mount will cause the car to run a bit hotter. Mine had an increase of around 15 degrees but the dual Spals helped with that. Was there a radiator issue with your friends car? Is the IC boxed in to keep all the air running thru it using the stock matting material or is it all open?

One of the biggest problems I see on these cars when they overheat(with or without a FM)is the high pressure kit the factory used to box in the radiator and keep air from bypassing the radiator core. Many of these cars are missing the high pressure kit and if a person was not into these cars since the beginning or close they may not even know the parts are missing. The high pressure kit is very important to keeping these cars cool.

Money not really a problem I just want to spend the money now and not again lata

If money is no problem I would say go with the PTE slic. No worring about overheating with the AC etc.

The PTE slic intercooler is grade A! Plus you can make A LOT of power with it so there will be no reason to buy another intercooler down the road.

If money is no problem I would say go with the PTE slic. No worring about overheating with the AC etc.

The PTE slic intercooler is grade A! Plus you can make A LOT of power with it so there will be no reason to buy another intercooler down the road.

op put a wanted ad up in the proper section and get used one for $400-$500 and you will be happy. i have run front mounts but they do make the car run hotter / no big deal until you want to run your car in the summer . next thing you know you have to buy a bigger fan and a new radiator to try to cool your car down. my car with a cootons slic runs about 160-170 no matter how hard i'm beating on the car and the car has the original radiator and fan in it. i have had cars with my big cottons fm run 220.

personally buy the pte slic its a better piece than the coottons slic. there was like a $100 diffrence between the 2 new but if i had to do it over again i would spend the extra $100 didnt see the pte 1 until after i purchased mine

is there asuch thing as having too big of an intercooler. I was considering the extreme front mout, so i would only have to buy one replacement for my stocker. Aslo how much boost would you gain from with this intercooler on a completley stock setup with alky injection?