intercoolers

You wont be disappointed with a Dutt neck stock intercooler,you can pick one up for about 150-200 dollars and you won't add any more weight to the car.I used to have a PTE stretched it was an awesome intercooler but with my mods it made more sence to go with a Dutt neck intercooler and spend the savings on Razors alky injection soon to come. :D

X2, I agree, dutt neck, or other SLIC. :smile:

Thanks for all you guys help I think I made up my mind I'm going with the pte slic will post how the car run after install

You will be very happy with the PTE. Its of excellent quality and capable of big hp. But to be truthful my slic is the last upgrade I did and it does appear to be faster in the spool up but over all not a huge difference. I dont think you see as large of a gain when you already have an alky kit. With that said you still will be happy. Post some pictures and new times to this thread when you are done. it would be great to see what the increase is?

I had a Precision Front mount on my car in my sig. Street drove it in 100 degree weather and ran 10s at the track. Do it right the first time and enjoy.

Peter

I'm back once again but cas v4 vs pte slic which would be a better choice

V4 is a great intercooler. I'm sure that the PTE is a bit better flowing unit. However, you should be able to get a used V4 for about half the price. If your "ONLY" looking to go elevens or tens on pump gas and alky, a V4 should be all you'll ever need. Ask me how I know.;)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

There is a guy selling two Mease SLIC's for $550 on the for sale board. Not a bad way to go and readily available.

Do one of two things-duttneck (cheap upgrade) or go all the way with a pte and be done with it. Unless you get a IC and a half jobbies for around 350 I would skip them. If you get a duttneck ic, make sure it actually fits on the freakin car before you get it. I spent an extra 100 bucks after paying 175 for the IC itself because I got burned on a buy.

I find negative & positive on both the SLIC & the front mount.

SLIC streatch:
+ Easy installation & almost looks stock & works well.
- Hangs dowh further than original & forward of front wheels - too easy to damage when pulling up to a curb.

Front mount:
+ More efficient than SLIC - more HP gain due to better intake charge cooling.
- Usually more $$ & doesn't look stock. Also causes car to run hotter due to reduced airflow to radiator & more difficult to install.

hello people: HIJACK!!!! I know nothing about intercoolers but is it just a radiator that's adapted to pipe into a TB or any other turbo cars? I have a stock one and people saw to clean them once in a while. But where does the contamination cum from?
I haven't seen my car in months.
IBBY

Ok I just order the precision front mount and hope this will do me some justice
Thanks for all the support and help