INTERCOOLER SCOOP REPAIR

klmnla

Watson LA
Have you checked the rubber surface on your intercooler air scoop lately? Mine was ripped and rotted beyond drilling holes and wire tying it. With about $20 worth of parts from home depot, I did a low budget repair that came out half decent. I have seen the post where someone fabricated an entire new scoop, however I just removed all the rubber and string that was threaded on the plastic part of the scoop. I got a roll of galvanized roof metal, some 3/16 pop rivets and washers, and fixed it up.

gn scoop 1.JPGgn scoop 2.JPGgn scoop 3.JPG

That's a great job. In photo 3 where is the perforated surface leading to?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Not that I'm aware of. Just curious what it was. I can't say I've ever seen one either. If it keeps crap from hitting the surface if the intercooler, one might say it also interrupt flow. Either way that's one heck of a nice job on the repair.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

The metal is flush with the line where the scoop and the shroud meet. Its 3 pieces. The first piece is easy. The 2 corners I used a piece of carboard to make a template, and just bent it as needed. The metal if fairly thin and easy to work with. As far as the screen, I figure it blocks half the airflow, so I just removed it.