Factory intercooler shroud scoop redo.....

groumoutis

First of all I should let everyone know I am a tight ass and didnt want to buy a new shroud just to see the rubber scoop give out quickly. I also didnt want it to hang down as far as the factory scoop.

I went to Home Depot and bought some 22 gauge mill rolled steel and some rivets. I have two shrouds so I took the worst one of the two and took the rubber scoop off. I traced around the rubber and tried to match the radius. I also wanted to give the scoop a little more clearance from road debris so I made it have a 1" less opening.

I will post up some pics when the mobile app starts working again. The total cost of the repair was close to $15 and about two hours of my time. I already had a rivet gun so I didn't add the cost of the gun in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361858568.020693.jpg

That's what I call "creative ingenuity." Damn good job........I always love that type of thinking, coming up with a solution that doesn't have to cost an arm and an turbo, but just does the job. And does it well.

Bruce '87 Grand National

That's what I call "creative ingenuity." Damn good job........I always love that type of thinking, coming up with a solution that doesn't have to cost an arm and an turbo, but just does the job. And does it well.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Aw for crap's sake! Double post!!!!! How???? Sorry! Can someone correct my sorry butt?

Bruce '87 Grand National