Intercooler Engine swap into a 85 Regal

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
I have a 1985 Buick Reagl with a NA 3.8 motor. I want to put a Intercooled engine in this car. Lets say I have the engine in the car. What do I need to make this work. I know I need a ECU and under the hood wiring harness. What else is needed? I can get the engine in the car I just dont know the steps I need to take after that. Thanks for any help.

Right I'm working on one. My friend totaled is out and sold me the motor and trans. with the engine harness still there and ecm, rear end and gas tank. I have contact one of the members that gave me some info on doing the swap. So here it is.
you're building a clone , you need all the harnesses not just the engine harness

thats engine harness (including battery cable and injector harness), dash harness , body harness on driverside , tail lamp harness , fuel tank sender and a pump, and fuel tank
youll also need to make sure you have a 3/8 fuel line and a return fuel line on the chassis , the turbo cars had a filter on the frame rail that NA cars wouldnt have and the fuel and return line would have the saginaw ends to connect to the engine fuel lines

you dont really need the harness to make a cluster work but you would be on you own to wire the tach /boost and theres other wires youll need to run to power relays , fuel pump, ign module, injectors ,etc thats not supported by the NA dash harness
also youd be on your own to run power and the conenctions to the fuel pump
make it easy and get a turbo dash harness and body harness , or call caspers electronics and he can build you a hybrid harness

Honestly? A wrecked car for parts. You'll need just about everything off the intercooler car to put it together. Gas tank foward.