interchangible MAFs?

Originally posted by FlyinGN
86-87 turbo regals. Thats it

As he said: 86-87 Turbo Regals, period, and don't let any parts house moron tell you different.

Only 86 and 87 Buick Turbo regals use the maf you need. It is not interchangeable with any other vehicle including the Turbo Trans Am. You can however purchase the translator and use any 3" LT1 or 3.5" LS1 maf. If you have a dead maf then this is the way I would go.

maf sen...

hello

i pesonally like to experiment.went to junk yard and started my search.took my original maf sen. with me.found a 2'inch one in a front wheel drive that was original and looked to be in pretty good shape,cut out the original housing and attached it to a chrome 3 'inch exaust tip.works better than the stock one.car idles smooth no hessitation .my maf counts are 5 at idle 255 at wot.i know i'll never have to worry about a maf sensor again ;)

be careful. if you are under heavy boost and if this maf is not calibrated correctly, you may lean out.. its gonna cost ya a lot more then a new maf would have :)
be careful..

overboostedZ-28

Don't leave us in suspense, what car did this MAF come off of?

Originally posted by machinegun
Only 86 and 87 Buick Turbo regals use the maf you need. It is not interchangeable with any other vehicle including the Turbo Trans Am. You can however purchase the translator and use any 3" LT1 or 3.5" LS1 maf. If you have a dead maf then this is the way I would go.

Different on the TTA?

I dont think so, mine is not!

(on my TTA)

Ive also tried friends MAF's to see if they were working ok (from their GN's) and had no problems.

if anybody needs a factory MAF let me know. I have the original MAF from my 87 buick I bought new. I upgraded to the 3.5 MAF and Trans + for better flow and tuning.

still works great!!!

A friend of mine was loaned a 280Z maf, not sure what year, while his translator box was sent off being fixed/upgraded. It runs ok for just driving but makes the car run real rich. He said he was getting around 12mpg.

maf sensor

well to all interested the maf came of a front wheel drive 3.8 ...it was originally a 2 inch maf sensor .i was currious and bored and had a little extra pocket change so i said what the f**k .went to local autoparts bought a 3 inch exaust tip (chrome ) chopped it up slid maf cartridge in epoxied and installed.....the car ran ass if it still had the original one on. it idles perfect no hessitation no miss under boost . 25 lbs of boost (44 turbo c-16)i got no knock what so ever. the maf counts never went lower than 255 so i think it works pretty well i can take a pic and send to anyone who doesnt believe,it sort of looks like the one ATR sells..oh did i forget to mention u'r chip has to be calibrated to run with no screens on the mass air but now a days who still runs those things anyways :confused: Z-YA WHEN I BEAT YA...