intake studs

Burner

Hi, mixed up the bolts for the intake manifold installation know there is a stud in the back pass.side for the 3 ground wires.Looking at Turbo Buick last night there was a picture of the order of the bolt location on a bare manifold sitting on a bench with four studs on the pass. side.My question is what are the other three studs used for?I only have two and the rest are regular gm bolts.Just do not want to change bolts around after intake is installed.Does anyone have a picture of an assembled engine or know why the other three studs are used?

Thanks for your time

Mike

One goes in the front passenger side for the lift hook. I believe the 2nd one from the back, on the driverside for the EGR control bracket. I just did this a few nights ago. Cant remember the other.

:biggrin:

There are only two studs, the rest are bolts. One goes on the front pass side for a lift point, the other goes in the back driver side for the EGR Solenoid. On my car I removed the front stud on the passenger side and placed it in the rear for the ground wires, now the front is just a bolt.

Now lets talk Mopar!!Coach that car sounds crazy!I was brought up G.M. but when I was 16 1981 a friend of mine came by with black orig. paint,red interior, push button auto. 63 Belvedere with a 440 what was strange to us was it had the ca. black plates and it read wdg426.He bought the car for under a thousand drove it a year or so then got it towed from his house to the local wrecking yard where it sat for parts.I had a 55 chevy with a 396 4spd. so I had my hands and my parents garage full.