Intake gasket selection?

mazdatech78

Im wondering what intake gaskets to use.
Do you guys use the factory replacement with valley pan or something else. I plan on port matching the intake and heads so I need some ideas on what to get. Thanks in advance

James hondatech78@yahoo.com:)

always used the factory issue with the pan. opnions vary as to whether or not you can do without it. Mike Licht (fullthrottle) I believe carries a set that does away with the pan.

I believe the intake is being ported to the FP 1200 gaskets, but since they don't come wit ha valley pan, I plan to cut the old gaskets off and install the pan that way.

I used the Felpro valley pan gasket on mine with fully ported GN1's and port matched intake...the gasket fit perfect without any modifications...the ports on the Felpro are cut bigger than the stock GM gasket...there are 2 different numbers for the Felpro gasket...one has holes cut larger for the EGR...I opted for the one with smaller EGR holes since I don't have one anymore...

Originally posted by MSDGN
I used the Felpro valley pan gasket on mine with fully ported GN1's and port matched intake...the gasket fit perfect without any modifications...the ports on the Felpro are cut bigger than the stock GM gasket...there are 2 different numbers for the Felpro gasket...one has holes cut larger for the EGR...I opted for the one with smaller EGR holes since I don't have one anymore...

Do you have the fel pro number for those

Did i go overboard? lol

I went wth the Fel Pro 1200 series and ported the BGC mega intake to match them to the GN1 heads. But to address the hot oil splash issue I Sent out the intake to JET HOT for their silver luster job an instructed them to heavy coat the underside of it. so far so good. I hated the original metal gasket because mine had rotted out in a water passage nearest the exhaust section resulting in spewing water out the tail pipes. damn thing made me think i had blown a head gasket! but it was fun taking apart the motor to find out anyway.