Insurance Question

Mikalanjavin

socal new guy
What type of insurance do you recommend for my GN? I have Statefarm for my truck and I may stick with them. Also, most insurance companies require an appraisal (to agree on a guaranteed value), any suggestions on what company to use?

Thanks

If that is not going to be a daily driver, I would look into one of the "collector cars" types of insurance.

If its not a daily driver, Grundy insurance. You want 'agreed' value on your policy, not 'stated' or anything else. They required a couple pictures of the car. $250/yr for 20K coverage, no mileage restriction. Just don't take it to work.

Grundy or Hagerty, both are good.

I currently have Hagerty and "agreed upon" valuation. I had a small engine fire about a year ago and their service was GREAT!

They paid me market value for parts and labor, let me pick who repaired the car and didn't sqwauk about anything we asked them for. I pay about $250 per year for 28K coverage but I do have 3500 mile per year limit. (that's alot of 1/4 miles though :))

Grundy or Hagerty, both are good.

I currently have Hagerty and "agreed upon" valuation. I had a small engine fire about a year ago and their service was GREAT!

They paid me market value for parts and labor, let me pick who repaired the car and didn't sqwauk about anything we asked them for. I pay about $250 per year but I do have 3500 mile per year limit. (that's alot of 1/4 miles though :))

Guy:
Does that mean that they own a major portion of the new "Lou" motor?

I have Hagerty on the Camaro...cuz I don't use it as a daily driver. But I also told them and documented up front that it would be driven to the office at least once a week since all the car guys here bring in their muscle cars once a week. They included that statement in my agreement and it's covered for it. $30K agreed value for $350/yr with a 5K annual mileage restriction that I have not come close to.

On the GN, I need to get better coverage...currently just have a normal policy through Farmers that runs me about $400/yr...

I have mine through State Farm. It's an agreed value so if it's stolen or totaled, there is no arguing over how much it was worth.

I know in Arizona going to the Classic Car insurance also voids your emmision requirements:) I think I pay like 200 a year through Hagerty, like everyone else has already told you mine is an agreed value also with no mileage restrictions.

Couldn't agree stronger.
Look into Hagerty and Grundy first.
Compare any of the other collector/specialty insurers to what Grundy and Hagerty are offering you.
Even money bet is that you will choose either Grundy or Hagerty after you've done all your shopping.

american collectors insurance here, Im paying under 150.00 a year and its on agreed value of 24k, which i should up.. but i rarely even drive it.