insurance for tr

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
i have geico but they only will insure me liability for it since its a 1987 car anyone got some good info on insurance

Call a different insurance company. Geico is the WalMart of insurance companies. I have State Farm and they have been fine with my car for years. Hagerty.com is also a good one for classic car insurance.

Grundy

Grundy Worldwide
400 Horsham Rd., Ste. 150
P.O. Box 1957
Horsham, PA 19044
Phone#: 1-800-338-4005
Fax#: 215-674-8215

I have these guys, no garage, no mileage, 2 pictures and the value that you want it to be set at. Only condition is that you have one registered car per driver in the household besides your GN. It cannot be your only vehicle.

I think it cost me like 250/300 for 10k worth of coverage.

Grundy Worldwide Insurance Grundy as well for my 87 GN. 26K coverage for $397 a year. I am in CT. BTW, I had Hagerty before but they did not have glass coverage. Found that out the hard way. Had to pay for a windshield out of pocket. Now this was a few years ago so not sure if they changed that or not.

Hagerty is pricey but the coverage is awesome. IMO any company that only does classic cars is ur only safe bet. I use condon and skelly. Got my Gn insured for 25k for 350/yr

thats what i found......

Seemed like those were the top two to choose from now that good ol TB.com opened up the help for the the TR, now I will pick one that seems to work for me. thanks fellas

I have mine with State Farm. Agreed value, full coverage. Something like $40 per month.

American Collectors... $500 per year or so for 2 TR's agreed value over $20k each..Just off the top of my head...

Need locked garage, no use as DD, mileage restriction is 2500 per car per year IIRC.

American Collectors... $500 per year or so for 2 TR's agreed value over $20k each..Just off the top of my head...

Need locked garage, no use as DD, mileage restriction is 2500 per car per year IIRC.

X2 American collectors! $270 a year insured at $18,000.

Grundy Worldwide
P.O. Box 1957
Horsham, PA 19044

I have these guys, no garage, no mileage, 2 pictures and the value that you want it to be set at. Only condition is that you have one registered car per driver in the household besides your GN. It cannot be your only vehicle.

Are you certain about the no garage policy? I have been pulling my hair out looking for agreed value insurance that doesnt require a garage.

I have Grundy. They told me the car needs to be in a "locked/secured garage", no driving to work/school but that's about it.

My complaint with big G is they keep raising the value of my car each year as a courtesy. Of course they raise my premium at the same time.

This year I was up to 25k and I originally started at 20k. I called and said.."hey..let's lower the value back to 20k". The lady on the phone acted like I was crazy but eventually agreed to what I wanted.

I pay 435 a year here in Michigan. Next year, when the car is 25, the mandatory 135 or so "Michigan added tax thingy" can come off if I register the car as a classic.

I had Hagerty last two years ($536/20k value) and went with Grundy this year ($278/17.5k value). Much cheaper, almost half price.

I have Grundy. They told me the car needs to be in a "locked/secured garage", no driving to work/school but that's about it.

My complaint with big G is they keep raising the value of my car each year as a courtesy. Of course they raise my premium at the same time.

This year I was up to 25k and I originally started at 20k. I called and said.."hey..let's lower the value back to 20k". The lady on the phone acted like I was crazy but eventually agreed to what I wanted.

I pay 435 a year here in Michigan. Next year, when the car is 25, the mandatory 135 or so "Michigan added tax thingy" can come off if I register the car as a classic.

x2 on the garage requirement and yearly value and premium raise. But other than that I'm happy with Grundy.

Grundy is the way to go, my two cars together are under $500 per year. No milage limitation, must be garage kept. Includes spare parts and breakdown reimbursement. Great coverage at a great price.

Go with haggerty cost more than Grundy but if you sit down and compare policies haggerty is far better coverage and they replace your parts with factory or factory quality parts. Grundy will give you what's called drivable parts or something along that line, in other words cheap overseas crap. For 15k in coverage haggerty was about 200 more per year.

Grundy Worldwide
P.O. Box 1957
Horsham, PA 19044

What he said!!

I use westfield insurance with $20k agreed upon value for $197/year. No mileage or use stips; I just need to have another car on the same policy to prove I have a different daily driver. It's about $105/mo for the TR, my 300C, and my wife's Escape w/ $250 deduct but $0 deduct on the TR.