Insurance for GN

PaulRV6

Not sure if this is the correct sub forum for this but found no other. I am going to insure the Buick using JC Taylor unless someone tells me otherwise. But how much should I insure this car for?
Are there other companies that offer better rates than Taylor? I found them to be pretty reasonable. Thanks

paul

I'd insure the car for whatever you think it's worth (get an appraisal if you need to) then make sure you get an "agreed on" value on your policy.

Thats who I have had for the past 4 years.
I found them to be way cheaper than Hagerty etc for the same coverage.
As far as value, "within reason" set it to what you can afford and also what you need if someone hits you and totals the car.
That pretty much is what they will pay you for it, the value that you and the insurance agreed on.
As I said thought, within reason.
A million bucks, forget it.
Steve

If you suspect your car to be worth 20k or more, I would def get a CERTIFIED APPRAISER to do a complete write up. Make sure that your company takes appraisals from that appraiser and you should be good to go. I have Parrish-Heacock Classic car ins in Florida. I have 5 cars on the policy. Each year, they watch the market and increase my values according to market. Do not know if many others do that or not. $151000 coverage on 5 cars for $919 a year.

Coach

I dont think JT TAYLOR increases yearly on their own.
Good point when shopping !
I will say if they are watching closely, their prices and values should be dropping.
As the housing market has went, so has the collector car.
Steve

I had my other cars through JC Taylor for years...no problem but too many restrictions. I went to Grundy's and less restrictions and cheaper...best of both worlds IMO. I like to actually drive my car :) Grundy Worldwide

I just got a new policy on mine through Condon and Skelly. Wasn't too bad, needed pictures and a value for the car.

Insurance

i have both my cars threw state farm along with my other cars. classic car about 200.00 a year stated value keep in a garage only drive so many miles a year same col uninsured motorist as my other policy mike

You guys obviously don't live in our great state of Massachusetts. We can't get collector car insurance until the beast is 25 years old.:mad: You can get agreed upon amounts, but you are still going to spend a grand or so. My buddy has his 61 T-Bird insured for 25k for less than 250 bucks through GrundyI can't wait till it is 25 years old. Friggin state!

I live in Michigan and it is very expensive. We have "no fault" here along with other requirements that just rape you. Peace, Mike D.

You guys obviously don't live in our great state of Massachusetts

yeah, That state does suck...i remember buying a car there and they don't issue temporary tags to complete the swap...which is friggin nutz! had to rent a trailer to appease the Mass state troopers which was ridiculous to drive the car out of the state...duh!!! that state really needs a revamp!

Grundy.... $215 for 18k agreed. 250/towing, if your out of town - 200 miles I believe- and break down they cover lodging while your cars repaired. They do increase the agreed value every year to keep up with the market.

Grundy.... $215 for 18k agreed. 250/towing, if your out of town - 200 miles I believe- and break down they cover lodging while your cars repaired. They do increase the agreed value every year to keep up with the market.
Geez, 215 bucks?? And you got sunshine!!! Just ain't fair:frown: I haven't paid 215 for a year of car insurance in 35 years. Wait, maybe never! I know I paid 700 in 1973 for my 68 Caddy. THAT'S IT, I'M MOVING!

The lodging would be great. I do not know if I have something like that or not. My buddy broke his rear end in a burnout contest one time and had to stay an extra night to find a towing company the next day to get him home. He could have use the lodging.

Coach

i have both my cars threw state farm along with my other cars. classic car about 200.00 a year stated value keep in a garage only drive so many miles a year same col uninsured motorist as my other policy mike

Stated value is not the same as agreed value, do a search

I used grundy because they would write the mandatory Liability as well.