Installing cat. converter ?

V6POWER

I have to put a cat. converter on my car since I moved to NC from FL. I bought one at BG from Jack Cotton and I need to know if it makes a difference if I mount it with the small (2" long) capped tube on the top side or the bottom side. Thanks.

Doesn't matter.

That is a fitting for a hose from an air pump. Our TRs don't have an air pump, so it is not used. I would put it towards the center of the car facing up, if possible (people won't see it and it won't stick down to grab things on the road).

HTH

Me Too!

I had to put a new one on my car in April- somehow the old one got "empty". I put the air injection tube in toward the middle of the car, where it's not as visible. I was afraid the local inspection "gurus" would want to know why the air injection wasn't hooked up! Sometimes those guys are so clueless it's scary! Fortunately, the car passed, with no comments, no questions, using the stock chip with my 30 lb injectors and the 160 T-stat.

Ormand--Isn't it magical how things fall out of an enclosed object! Glad you passed without any problems..hope I do.

Jim,

Do you plan on racing it with the hi flow cat on? It'd be interesting to see the diff it makes. Your car was aways pretty consistent at Speedworld, so I think a good evaluation could be made.

Mike

Yes, I plan on going to test and tune, but it is only a 1/8 mile track. I will let you know how I do when I go.