Installing bumper fillers

djj624

Wondering who has installed their own or tried too? Picked up a set of dankos and was thinking about tackling the project but wanted to hear how difficult it is and what's all involved.

Thanks

Not difficult at all . The rears back bumper has to come off and tail lights i believe. Fronts are easier nothing to remove maybe side markers. Just be careful not to scratch anything use cheap masking tape to block off areas.

Got the fronts done. Wasn't too bad I had to remove the alky pump and loosen up the front grill. Now the backs look intimidating to me. Any other suggestions or tips on the back ?

I just finished about an hour ago. They look great. I made some sheetmetal inserts to go over the studs on the ends. That way I wasn't just tightening down the speed nuts directly into the fiberglass. Had to make a few adjustments but boy do they look good.

I did but I did all the prep work (sanding, priming, repairing). Materials could easily run $150 and you can double that for labor, so around $300 total for all 4. But that is using the good stuff. You'll need a very smooth final sanding, like 400 grit, maybe even 500 on your last coat of primer. Otherwise you'll end up with sand scratches in the clear. It takes a lot of time to prep these; the gel coating is rather rough and uneven. There are some fitment gaps around the taillights but they look okay overall.

I had mine rear fillers painted at a body shop in central Florida. The owner charged me $50.00. Nice!