Installing Alky control question

Scott87

Conscious guided
Hello,

I pretty much installed 90percent of it today going to finnish the rest of making connections and buttoning it up tommorrow. Some questions I had I found answers for reading the forum but I still have one more question I am uncertain about.

The question is, the low level led. The wire from the tank is run inside the car, when I connect it to the led I would assume the wire from the tank is the ground for this led? Meaning I need to supply voltage for the led from somewhere? Or do I have it backwards and it needs to be grounded and this is the power for the led?

Correct. It's been nearly 4 years since my install, but IIRC the low-level LED colors, they're RED and TAN on the wiring. I might be wrong. Anyways, the low-level itself is ground switched while the other side of the LED has switched +12V going to it. It can be from practically any source on the car as it draws a negligible amount of current.

B

You got it, Run the other wire to the fuse block and tap into one of the IGN ports. The sensor in the tank completes the ground.

Edit: Tree'd :eek:

Thanks for the responces better to find out its easy than be uncertain. :smile:

Newer kits have the 6 pin connector and it has a red wire. You can use that red wire for your +12v source to the LED.