Installing a t-56 into a G body.

Stroker-ace

Boosted-brick
Ok I am More than likely going to the dark side with an LS based swap, and I would like to back it with a t56. How does this transmission sit under the car in relation to the 200r4? Has anyone attempted this swap before? I need any and all info on this swap, thanks

Ok I am More than likely going to the dark side with an LS based swap, and I would like to back it with a t56. How does this transmission sit under the car in relation to the 200r4? Has anyone attempted this swap before? I need any and all info on this swap, thanks

I think I'm going to do the same when this motor blows up. I would love to see how it turns out.

Steve

quite a few people have done this swap, most notably john bzdel. search him and you will find it. I myself have an lt1 and t56 in my 86 regal limited. love it.

quite a few people have done this swap, most notably john bzdel. search him and you will find it. I myself have an lt1 and t56 in my 86 regal limited. love it.

Can't seem to find anything on that guy... Can anyone link his build for me?

4444.00 for a t56 swap :eek:

Heck you would just be best off buying a complete motor and trans from a wrecked GTO or go automatic and get a 6.0 from a escalade. And have some left over $ for a turbo:cool:

BW