installed 3" DP slowed car

drive805

finally got around to installing DP...after some adjusting got to really get after it and do some hard driving... the car feels slower doesnt pull as hard barely spining tires suggestions???? mods are JE pistons steel center caps 212/212 flat tappet, 009 inj, rjc plate,340 pump hotwired, adj FPR ,turbonetics stage 3, vigilante 2500, freeman trans, TT chip ... nothing has been changed except DP.... with stock DP it pulled hard, i couldnt load converter at all it would blow the tires off it....now adding a little fuel and boost it will spin the tires but just shortly and you can feel it in seat of pants that its not pulling as hard....any suggestions TIA

The increased flow should make a difference in your tune, but it could be mechanical, due to the w/g not working properly, mis-adjusted, or you created a vac./exhaust leak while moving things around under the hood.

Ya this sounds like a puck problem...Do you have any scanmaster #'s to compare before and after the install to help rule out an exhaust leak.....

Boost level before and after?

The fact that this wasnt noticed is a recipe for disaster IMO. Gotta look and keep up with the basics.

I am with the last few folks the puck seems to be the issue. If your running the stock style waistegate you will have a rod coming from the actuator that is vacuum opperated. you will need to shorten the rod most likely by loosening the lock nut then twisting the eyelid part making the rod shorter. But first you probably should post a few of your readings from your scanmaster so you can get feedback. What else did you change on the engine?

Do you have a boost guage?

Does it read the same as before the DP installation?

~JM~

If the wastegate is sealing then there should be no noticeable difference.

If the wastegate is sealing then there should be no noticeable difference.
boost previous was 14lbs turned up to 17lb turned up FP ....its raining now dont want to drive ...so i will check puck alignment
and let you know what i find. Thanks