Input on Stall Speed

RKNTRBO

Ok looks like my motor is near the end of the tunnel for being done. My last major purchase is my Converter, but I have been getting diffrent suggested stall #'s. Would like some input from users on what they think I should go with.

Here is most of my build to help you out. Also this car will be 100% Street driven, I live in the Bay Area of CA, so that means lots of traffic:rolleyes: and hills.

Thanks in advance for any Input:D
Mark

109 Block
GT 6152E with .63 Housing
GN1 Iron heads
Champ Ported Intake
206 Roller Cam
PTE Front Mount
CK Stage1 Trans

100% street driven i would go with a

PTS Billet 9x11 3,000
or
Precision Single Disk 3,000

109 Block
GT 6152E with .63 Housing
GN1 Iron heads
Champ Ported Intake
206 Roller Cam
PTE Front Mount
CK Stage1 Trans

#3200 stall no lock up art car:D

thats cool. im just saying a car that sees alot of highway/street i would want a lockup. the non lockups are nice but lockup is the way to go for highway use.

Hey guys, thanks for the input, but to make it easy I will be buying a lockup, so that isn’t an issue.

When I purchased my GT6152E, Patrick recommended a 3400 convertor...my car spools like crazy.

Go with a precision or art carr 9"

at least 3200 stall. Its not cheap but U will have the driveability and the car won't feel lazy. Although mine is a non lockup, I drive it everywhere street and highway, it dont matter.

IMHO... a 3200 stall .... "0-pump" lockup converter..... if you plan on locking it alot at WOT.... then a multiple disk l/u is in order....but not totally necesary if you are just cruising.

HTH