1987 WE-4 Astroroof Car in CA

King Monza

a.k.a. Mr. Clark
Sorry for the redundancies in the post.. but I am copy/pasting my craigslist add. Let me know if you have any questions. All reasonable offers considered!

So here is the story. I have owned this car for about 5 years and I have spent about 3 years building it up to be the fastest street car possible. You will be hard pressed to find any daily driven street car out there that is faster! However, I have just received an amazing opportunity to start a new program that will take me over seas for 1-2 years. At this point in my life, I really don't need a ridiculously fast, high horsepower car anymore. I am willing to be patient on selling this car, because I am not moving for a few months. If I don't get a reasonable offer, I will simply be throwing the car into storage until I get back. That being said, tire kickers need not respond!

This car is THE ULTIMATE sleeper. Hands down, the turbo regal is the king of street sleepers and this particular one is one of the baddest builds out there! The car even won the “Best Sleeper Award” at a recent car show in Irvine, CA. Every part is well documented with receipts and every part was the absolute best quality that money could buy. The car is very solid and was built buy one of the top Buick shops in the country, “Mizzi's Automotive.” At this shop in Northern California, they are known for building some of the country's best Turbo Regals, Grand Nationals, GNX's and classic hot rods.

I have owned several cars that performed faster than the 12 second quarter mile mark and this car is, by far, much faster than any of my previous cars. The car is most likely faster than my old race car when it is on high boost. I have not yet dyno'd or tracked the car because I can't afford to put a set of sticky tires on it, as I am still finishing up school. This car will NOT stop spinning the tires until you get into third! The car also runs great on pump gas and gets very close to 20mpg when driven nicely.

Pictures: ImageShack Album - 41 images

THE CAR
1987 Buick WE-4
The car just under 115,000 miles and the major overhaul was done at 105,000mi.
All numbers are matching
1 of only 1,547 ever made
Check the link for more WE-4 Info
(BUICKWE4.com)
The car is also a astroroof car, which means it was actually at ASC!
One of the worlds only American cars that actually goes up in value!

THE ENGINE
Completely rebuilt from the original block.
Billet Main Caps
Slugged and internal balanced crank shaft
Forged Pistons
TotalSeal Gapless Rings
Rev XR1 206/210 Buick Hyd Roller Cam
Comp Cams Hyd Roller Lifters
Taylor Pro 8.8 Wires
Champion Ported Intake
Champion CNC Ported Heads
Hyd Roller Valve Springs
New Valves
BHJ Internal Balancer
RJC Crank Pulley
All New Sensors
GN1 Valve Covers
T&D Shaft Mount Roller Tipped Rockers
All FelPro Gaskets
All ARP Bolts used in motor

FUEL SYSTEM
60lbs Fuel Injectors
Red Armstrong Fuel Pump
Fuel Pump Hot Wire Kit
Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Presure Regulator

SUSPENSION/BREAKS
Recent Brake Job: Turned Rotors, new pads
QA1 Adjustable Shocks all the way around
Mostly Original 4-Link Suspension (Same as Chevelle or Mustang)

INDUCTION
Precision GT 6776 E Turbo (Rated for ~650hp)
RJC Racing Megacooler (Intercooler)
TiAL Waste Gate (Race gate)
All Pipping is chromed to a brilliant shine
Kenne Bell Cone Filter
Billet Turbo Bell

EXHAUST
3.5” Terry Houston Down Pipe with divorced waste gate
3.5” Exhaust Cutout
2.5” Dual Hooker Exhaust

TRANSMISSION
CK Performance Full Billet Street/Strip Transmission
Full warranty
3400 Stall Converter
Deep Aluminum Pan

MISC.
Autometer Pro Comp Gauges: Water Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost
Scan Master Scan Tool
Eric Marshall “Turbo Tweak” Custom Tuned Chip
MAF Translator set up for LT1 Style MAF Sensor
Pioneer Premier Deck
Kenwood Speakers and 4 Channel Amp
Alpine Amp with single 10” Kappa Subwoofer (pounds hard!)
Remote Start System
2 Alarms including a two-way pager system
Also several kill switches hidden throughout the car
This car would be a thieves nightmare.

The only downside to the car is that it has not been restored to be pretty yet. The paint is an honest 6.5/10 and is completely original. There are a few dings and minor dents around the car which is to be expected from a 23+ year old car. The interior is also not in perfect shape. There is a tear in the front driver's seat on the bottom and the headliner sags a bit. The rest of the interior is in great shape, including the rear seats, carpeting, dash and compartments. The trunk even has the spare tire, carpeting and tire cover!

I purchased the car bone stock for about 10K several years back and I have invested well over $15,000 into the car over the last several years. A recent friend of mine sold his WE-4 for about 25K with a new paint job and a slightly less aggressive build. I am looking to get $20,000 for the car. If you are looking for a top notch, ultimate sleeper, that only goes up in value, then this is the car for you! I am not interested in giving joy-rides or test drives for tire kickers or hustlers, so please don't waste my time. If you have any questions, please call Mike at 707-372-1767 or e-mail me at L2nDrummer215@aol.com

Attachments

• Buick.jpg
    Buick.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • IMG_1498.JPG
    IMG_1498.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,012
so the car needs paint? is the carpet stained or is it just dirty?

Carpet is dirty. Driver seat should be recovered on the bottom half, headliner is held up by thumb tacks at the moment. All of the other panels are perfect. I can take pics of anything you would like to see up close.

"Carpet is dirty. Driver seat should be recovered on the bottom half, headliner is held up by thumb tacks at the moment" & $20K WoW

Where do you come at bashing this guys thread??? You have 7 posts!! Like damn !!Didnt your mama ever tell you " If you dont have nothing nice to say. Dont say anything at all"???If he wants to ask for 20k for his car then let em!!

EDIT- Here read this NEWB!!!! http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/342546-cars-sale-forum-one-last-time.html

Mine isnt for sale going to my kid, just wanted to say whats up and...
I have an 87 WE4 as well, 44k original miles with a few flaws from being parked in the garage for the past 13 years ;-). Mine has a stage 2 with MA's, spent buckets on the motor and turbo people to set it up, I know how quickly performance parts and wrenching can drain the pockets.. Good luck with the sale!

Mine isnt for sale going to my kid, just wanted to say whats up and...
I have an 87 WE4 as well, 44k original miles with a few flaws from being parked in the garage for the past 13 years ;-). Mine has a stage 2 with MA's, spent buckets on the motor and turbo people to set it up, I know how quickly performance parts and wrenching can drain the pockets.. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks man! Sounds like you have a beautiful ride. I wish I could hold onto mine for my future kids, but its just not in the cards.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This car is NOT made to be a show car. It is NOT a low mileage collector car. It is a car that kicks ass on pump gas, doesn't get a whole lot of attention from cops and has been ending up on peoples photo galleries all over the internet as "hey check out this really rare car that still gets daily driven."

Any reasonable offers will be considered.

I know the engine is built good. Mizzi's is good people. I've never seen so many Stage II engines in one place...

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just in case anyone who is interested in turning the car into a collector car, I have not just the build documentation but all of the original paper work from the dealer, the dealer stock tags, sales sheet, dealer warranty flier, build sheet and the original owners and service manuals.

Also, the car was built and first sold in Fremont, CA. It was then sold by the original owner to a guy in Vallejo, CA. From there I bought the car and brought it down to Southern, CA where it is today.

Attachments

• Buick Docs.jpg
    Buick Docs.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 300
howbout some closeups of the problem areas. like how bad are the dings and where are they located exactly? how bad really is the paint? shoot some closeups cause the pics u posted dont really say much about its condition.

does the moonroof open and close properly and does it leak at all? hows the door moldings and astroroof moulding? any rust?

howbout some closeups of the problem areas. like how bad are the dings and where are they located exactly? how bad really is the paint? shoot some closeups cause the pics u posted dont really say much about its condition.

does the moonroof open and close properly and does it leak at all? hows the door moldings and astroroof moulding? any rust?

x2

I must say its good to know I can get some extra thumbtacks with my $20k... Hopefully one doesn't fall from the headliner right before the new owner sits in the seat!:biggrin: