Inline filter for Alky system

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hello everyone,

I have a stupid question. I have made a progressive Alky injection system for my self that turns up pump speed has boost increases.

The question I have is the inline filer I'm using (between the tank & the pump) even though it is clear plastic the metal inside used to retain the filter material is rusting. What type of filter are you using?

I may be using the same filter. It's a universal fuel filter with stepped barbs for diff size hose. I just went out to see if there's any rust forming but since I'm running w/washer fluid, the blue dye makes it impossible to tell. At least the metal part is at the inlet side so particles will be trapped. Anyone know if w/washer fluid causes rust or will I have to do a test? fc227--What are you using and how long did it take to rust?

I have used Isopropyl, Methanol (mixed with lube, kolts I believe), and a 50/50 methanol & Water.

Currently I have the W/washer fluid in there (it's blue too). But the filter is a year & a half old. But I have not used it that much.

if that's the filter I'm thinking of.. you can get replacement filter elements for it. Just change it out on a regular basis.
Also, Carrolls Supercharging (New Jersey) sells a small filter that has a fine micron mesh screen. Looks like might be stainless. I've used this in the past... no corrosion at all.