injector info

christians87

so i just ordered me a new set mototron 60 pound injectors and i cant wait to install them in my car. what kind of gains am i going to see horse power wise? and is there anything else that i need to get for my car to go along with the injectors to make it run its best. thanks for all input!

Bigger injectors won't make more power unless you're old ones were to small. All they do is give you the ability to deliver more fuel which allows you to add things like bigger turbos which will help you make more power. As far as what else you need to use them you HAVE to get a chip burned for the injectors or you're going to have a world of problems. I would recommend turbotweak. HTH. james

so i just ordered me a new set mototron 60 pound injectors and i cant wait to install them in my car. what kind of gains am i going to see horse power wise? and is there anything else that i need to get for my car to go along with the injectors to make it run its best. thanks for all input!

well, you will want to either send your old TT chip back to eric to reprogram it for the 60lb injectors or you will have to get a new one.

as far as horsepower gains... injectors are a supporting mod to make power, they dont make more power. from what i can tell you had stock injectors in your car, so upgrading is not a loss. with alky and 22psi you are flowing a decent amount of air and i would have to guess that your stock injectors had to be nearly maxed out! Run out of injector and bad things happen, like joining the "Head Gasket Club of America"!

If you want to look at taking advantage of the injectors and your combo, anything you can do to flow more air is a plus...bigger turbo, ported heads, gasket match the intake manifold, etc! hth

on a stock turbo with alky even if your current injectors are stock you wont see anything unless your current injectors were not working properly

but add a turbo upgrade and even just a TA49 or TE44 your stock injectors would be a limiting factor , with 60s alky and a good fuel pump youll be good on injectors into the nines with the right turbo /heads/ tune etc.

gasket match?

What do you mean by gasket matching? Are the intake manifold or exhasut manifold gaskets too small or something. Im very interested in this. Thanks:biggrin:

gasket matching is opening up the ports going from the intake manifold to the cylinder heads to the size of the gasket. the ports are smaller than the gaskets. make sense?

oh i see. thank you very much. what kind of numbers do you see be doing this. and about how long would you say it would take to do this? thanks for all the great info!

oh i see. thank you very much. what kind of numbers do you see be doing this. and about how long would you say it would take to do this? thanks for all the great info!

the gasket matching gains would probably be minimal unless you have the heads ported as well. the smallest/most restrictive part of the cylinder head is normally right behind the head of the intake valve... bowl and throat area. this is where most of the power can be found. here are some links for you:

Buick V6 Cylinder Head Guide
Ken

thats a good link. i very well might do this porting job. i should see good hp numbers out of porting huh?

if done correctly/in the right areas, then you can see some good gains in power! on the stock turbo there will be some decent gains, but once you upgrade the turbo as well, big #'s can be had!

just read up on head porting, where to port, etc. and if you're up to it, have at it:) if for some reason something bad happens when youre porting, (dont see any reason something bad would happen), you have a good excuse to get a killer set of new heads!