Injector Donor Cars for TR's?

Evans Ward

Love those LC2/ Y56 cars!
Lets talk injectors and what donor cars one might find in the boneyards that will yeild a good application for our TR's. I know about the Ford T Bird SC's having the blue tops (36 lb ers) and one once said that the Ford Turbo Coupes have red stripe injectors which are 32 lb ers. I haven't had the good luck to find either car in the yards here. What other cars with injector types and sizes can be found in the yards that will help the TR's on a performance basis??

Evans Ward
Macon, GA
87 Turbo-T
70 GS455

I'd avoid the ford "32#"red strip injectors. I've seen a test red armstrong did where they flowed 1# LESS than stock injectors under identical conditions.

The Ford injectors are actually excellent injectors that are manufactured by Bosch. The ones that concern the Buick community are the red tops that were installed on the 89-93 T Bird Super coupes AND the 89-90 Mercury Cougar XR7s. These are a 30lb injector. The other injector is the blue top which is a 36lb injector and these can be found on the 94-95 T Bord Super Coupes. Ford injectors have no stripes they are all a solid color on the top. Easy id
gray top = 14lb
orange top = 19lb
light blue top =24lb
red top = 30lb
dark blue top = 36lb
I understand that the new Lightnings with the supercharged 5.4 come with Lucas 42lb injectors, but I havent seen one in person yet. The older 2.3 turbo's (turbo coupes, svo's, XR4Ti's) used low impedence injectors in 30lb and 35lb ratings. These can not be used and should be avoided.
I have the red tops in my own car and they are a great upgrade from the stockers. No problems here.

Great info, GNVAIR!

Hey GNVAIR,

Thanks for the helpful info- just what I was looking for and sure it will benefit many. Anyone else with other injector donor car suggestions???

Evans Ward
Macon, GA
87 Turbo-T
70 GS455

ther lightning injectors have a floresant green top. just got a set for my buddys 422 cube solid roller ls1.

brian

i belive the 5.0 mustangs only had 19lb or 24lb injectors. dont qoute me on that, but i think thats what it is.

Could the aftermarket injectors for 5.0 fit our cars? would probably be the question to ask

if your asking me......i got to downers grove south h.s.

i also am friends with a lot of people that go to main south, and taft in the city.

where are you form?

your profile said your a mechanic,but your your still in h.s.

maybe you should sign up for a injector class, you have alot to learn

Originally posted by TurboEd
your profile said your a mechanic,but your your still in h.s.

maybe you should sign up for a injector class, you have alot to learn

Maybe you should sign up for etiquette class, as YOU have a lot to learn too.

no,maybe if you don't know anything about injector's,even after GNVAIR gave the flow rating's for different injector's.what's the best thing to do?? pay attention,you might learn something

Guys, Mustang injectors will work as long as they are the correct size. Most common stock injectors on 86-95 Mustangs were 19lbs and 24lbs (Cobra models only). The red top 30's are what a lot of the Mustang guys upgrade to.