bosch 42.5 lb injectors/any thoughts or opinions?

turbojoe

86 GREY T-TYPE
I was thinking of maybe tossing these into my 86 t-type after making improvements to fuel system/pump, hot wire,237 reg.
are these too much injector for basically stock car. I will be adding a ta-49 turbo in future along with houston 3" downpipe w/jersey style dump and 3" cat. I would much prefer to go w/ 36 lb "Blue tops", but i see from posts that they are difficult to locate and that some are advertised as the "blue tops" but are not actually the Ford injectors from the T-Bird supercoupe. I think that these Bosch 42.5's might be the next best thing. anybody have any thoughts or opinions. Also, how hard would it be to find a compatable chip for the 42.5's. I initially considered the tomco stock 30 lb replacements as well, but i hear that you should go with something larger for future mods and upgrades.

Good choice.

Dirt cheap in the grand scheme of things.

Enough fuel for mid to low 11's.

Some folks complain they're rich down low and lean up top, but you know, you hear a lot of campfire stories if you sit around the campfire long enough.

Lots of chips for these and chipmakers seem to like them well enough.

Alternatives would be 50's and 57's...

:)

Thanks for reply STRIKEEAGLE. I kind of figured they were pretty good being made by bosch and all, afterall thats who made the original injectors in the car.

Got them in my GN now, had them in SalvageV6 the WE4.

Work fine, maxeffort I had the first chip for them worked okay and never did send it back for a reprogram like I should have.

Also had the first Turbotweak chip for them I believe as well.
Works fine also.

Good injectors I went to 55's on the WE4 when I put the big turbo on it.

Hope to run 11's on pump gas and alky. in the GN this year. :)

Ramchargers and Full Throttle should also have good chips for them.

I would probably go straight to the 50's or 60's or 65's whatever they call them these days unless you got a good deal on a set of the 42.5's.

Shouldn't be any issues with drivability with any of them these days.

salvageV6, I saw them on fullthrottles website as a matter of fact. they seem to describe them pretty well. I have also heard of the 50's you speak of, but i am not sure who make them. i also have heard some possitive things about them. just not sure if they would be too much injector or not as my car is not too far from stock. i'm not planning on going too radical and i'm not going to race the car or anything except for occasional anticks on the street at the right time or place of course! ha ha

the ones that run lean top and rich on bottom are the 42.5's from Lucas most commonly known as the 009's injectors the bosch injectors wont give you any trouble they are good for up too 510 crank HP i have them in my car and they run really nice, btw a buddy has a set forsale for $200.00 if you want them shot me an email, that is much less than what i paid for mine..

The smallest injectors we stock and sell now for a Buick are the 60lb Mototron (65 by some) With the current chip tech there is just no need to go smaller. They drive like stock. Thanks for reminding me to remove the 42.5 from the web site I forgot :)
Mike

I run them - they work great. If your buying new I'd go bigger.

I'm sure that I'm getting pretty close to maxing them out.

Jeremy

42.5 are good injs for low 12sec easy car. There are plenty of
chips available used and injs are cheap too.

Ask me how i know. :D