Injector and Turbo?

Originally posted by V8KILLR
If you can't go too big, why not go for the 160 and be done with it?

Jason

160'S are overkill for a 72. Your idle will not be as smooth as the 83/96LBS. Also bring a spark plug socket with you and a gas card. 160'S dump alot of fuel, spark plugs, idle sloppy runs rich,Like i stated above, make sure you match the T72 with a convertor. On a T72 again the 83LBS will be more than enough fuel, they have been in the 8's already.:)

So the answer is no!!! there is no injector that works well with both a 72 and 88 turbo.

Thanks,
Jason

I would say no. A T72 an 88 is a decent jump. More injector would be needed for a 88 than a 72. You can run larger injectors with a 72 however if you want a smooth idle and less headaches than your answer is NO. IMO :)

Thanks njturbo,
btw, whats your name? You and I are always posting back and forth. Feel funny calling you njturbo all the time, hahahaha.

Jason

It's kind of a yes and no answer because you could probably use 95# injectors with both the 72 and 88 turbo, but this all depends on how fast you want to go and how much your car weighs.... For example if your car weighs 3300lbs and you want to go mid 8's @160mph (like Cal Hartline has) it is gonna take about 1200hp and this means you do need 160# injectors cause 95# injectors like PTE sells are done @ 1150hp.... The heavier the car the more HP you have to make to run a certain ET and MPH and this also means you will need more injector.... If you plan on using that big of an injector (160lbers) or any big injector for that matter I suggest you save your pennies and get yourself a nice SEFI (Sequential) Felpro/FAST system because they can make these injectors idle much better than a B2B (bank to bank) FAST system and especially a stock ECM with a chip could....
HTH and like I said it really depends on what your goals are (how fast you want to go and how much HP you plan on making) to pick the right injector for your combo!

Later.:)

Thanks njturbo,
btw, whats your name? You and I are always posting back and forth. Feel funny calling you njturbo all the time, hahahaha.

Jason

Travis (Njturbo)

Originally posted by njturbo
I would say no. A T72 an 88 is a decent jump. More injector would be needed for a 88 than a 72. You can run larger injectors with a 72 however if you want a smooth idle and less headaches than your answer is NO. IMO :)
If you can run 96's with an 88 then you can probably get away with them on a 72. I agree overkill and not optimal for a 72 but at least the 96's idle OK. They idle OK on mine. You certainly can use 96's with an 88 but probably not on killer mode. If you are going to run on killer with an 88 you are better off with the 160's. Again, depends on what your goals are. Also, not all 88's are the same. I'd imagine that a PTE 88 with that "cantaloupe" of an exhaust housing is going to need more injector than say an 88 wheel with a .96 housing that other vendors sell. If you are not going to really push the motor then the PTE 88 might be overkill. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun running low 9's at like 21 psi of boost with that thing though..... :D

You need to know what your goals are. If you are going to run mid to high 9’s then buy a 76 now and be done with it. I’m running 9.8’s with my 76 at 21-22 psi of boost, it’s all in the combo.

No time for fun here, this is serious car talk!!!! No laughing or joking. Hahahaha, just kidding.:D ;) :D ;)

Jason

No time for fun here, this is serious car talk!!!! No laughing or joking. Hahahaha, just kidding.:D ;) :D ;)

Jason
This is serious. Now I know why when I'm at E-Town and Atco looking for Travis I can never find him. I've been looking for someone that looks like his avatar.....:cool:

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
This is serious. Now I know why when I'm at E-Town and Atco looking for Travis I can never find him. I've been looking for someone that looks like his avatar.....:cool:

I met you Art, you were running around with your bald Twin:D :D :D (Rich)

You did not see my hair all slicked back:eek: :eek:

I met you Art, you were running around with your bald Twin:D :D :D (Rich)

You did not see my hair all slicked back:eek: :eek:
The problem was that I was catching a glare off Rich's head which then glared off my head then off Rich, then back to me, it was a vicious cycle. It's a wonder we don't bump into things more often.... :cool:

Besides, I have way more hair than he does but that's not really saying much now is it. :eek:

We never met, did we?

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
The problem was that I was catching a glare off Rich's head which then glared off my head then off Rich, then back to me, it was a vicious cycle. It's a wonder we don't bump into things more often.... :cool:

Besides, I have way more hair than he does but that's not really saying much now is it. :eek:

We never met, did we?

I was at ET with Robert Crisafulli and Herb was banging around, Will see you this summer as my car should be good to go with a little luck, Give Rich a hug he is to uptight. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now we better watch out not S2 related Kendall might chime in:eek: :eek:

Inside the "Graceland Garage"

NJ's best friends call him by his middle-name...Aaron.

His GN has a front tag with "TCB" spelled out in rhinestones.

His favorite snack is fried banana/peanut butter/bacon sandwiches!

At home, he's usually relaxing in his silk martial-arts outfits, singing "You Ain't Nothing But A Hound-Dog" on his kareoke to relax after work.
========================================

HTH :) :)

I was at ET with Robert Crisafulli and Herb was banging around, Will see you this summer as my car should be good to go with a little luck, Give Rich a hug he is to uptight. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now we better watch out not S2 related Kendall might chime in:eek: :eek:

Still don't remember but I'm terrible with stuff like that. Herb I remember cause he's just that much fun making fun of! It'll probably take me 2 more meetings before I sinks in. Be patient, it's the sun roasting my brain since there is no buffer between it and my scalp!

As for Kendall, he'll be cool, I think we gave him beers st Bristol 2001 so he sort of owes us.... :cool:

Re: Inside the "Graceland Garage"

Originally posted by Two Lane
NJ's best friends call him by his middle-name...Aaron.

His GN has a front tag with "TCB" spelled out in rhinestones.

His favorite snack is fried banana/peanut butter/bacon sandwiches!

At home, he's usually relaxing in his silk martial-arts outfits, singing "You Ain't Nothing But A Hound-Dog" on his kareoke to relax after work.
========================================

HTH :) :)
See, now if I had seen someone down at the track relaxing in a silk martial-arts outfits, singing "You Ain't Nothing But A Hound-Dog" on a kareoke machine then I'd remember him. Travis, bring your Kareoke machine to the track next time and give us all a show!:D

:D :D

Two Lane you hit the nail on the head.
Art we should be running side by side this year. :D :D

I actually went to Graceland Aug, 2001 what a blast. What else could you ask for in life like Elvis? woman, money, fame and a little Rock-Roll:D :D