Injector and Turbo?

Originally posted by njturbo
:D :D

Two Lane you hit the nail on the head.
Art we should be running side by side this year. :D :D

I actually went to Graceland Aug, 2001 what a blast. What else could you ask for in life like Elvis? woman, money, fame and a little Rock-Roll:D :D
Cool!! I didn't know you were so far along with the S2. Who's doing your motor?

Originally posted by Buicksx2
>>> Don't think so.

I think you and Herbie need to, well bond a little. I have not seen Herbie i think Rich hurts his feelings to much, he does have that effect you know. :eek: :eek: :eek:

NJ, lighten up on Richie, he's a nice guy, good friend and very funny. You need to know that he, like with me, that 99% of what comes out of his mouth is a joke or snide comment. My feeling is that laughter keeps you young so I try to laugh as much as possible. Keeps you young yes but I think it makes your hair fall out at the same time.... :) If u ever get Rich and Newman in same room its a riot!

You know, if you are nice to Richie maybe he'll help you tune your car by offering to turn your idle screw 3/4 turns so you too can pick up 2 tenths like he did for me on my final license runs.....

As for Herbie, I like Herb, he's a good guy! He can hang out anytime.

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
NJ, lighten up on Richie, he's a nice guy, good friend and very funny. You need to know that he, like with me, that 99% of what comes out of his mouth is a joke or snide comment. My feeling is that laughter keeps you young so I try to laugh as much as possible. Keeps you young yes but I think it makes your hair fall out at the same time.... :) If u ever get Rich and Newman in same room its a riot!

You know, if you are nice to Richie maybe he'll help you tune your car by offering to turn your idle screw 3/4 turns so you too can pick up 2 tenths like he did for me on my final license runs.....

As for Herbie, I like Herb, he's a good guy! He can hang out anytime.

>>> Artie,

I'm the nicest guy I know trust me just ask any of my friends and local gurus......lol.

As far as the jokes and snide remarks goes guess to know me is to love me, to those that do fine to those that don't thats fine also.

I guess I've laughed alot Artie as most of my hair has fallen out...lol....I heard laughing causes some slight weight gain too.....so guess I've laughed a bit causing that too. Guess I shouldn't laugh so much but there are so many things to laugh at in this world and bulletin board too so I guess I'll be losing more hair and gaining more weight......there goes my ET's....lol.

Don't get me started on Newman, he's a pisser and I think I have more hair than him and am slightly thinner thereby making me a better person than him but he is a cut up for sure.

Artie there are certain guys who's idle air screws I won't turn, consider yourself lucky I turned yours......lol.

Herbies OK in my book too.

Happy New Year.

Originally posted by Buicksx2
>>> Artie,

I'm the nicest guy I know trust me just ask any of my friends and local gurus......lol.

As far as the jokes and snide remarks goes guess to know me is to love me, to those that do fine to those that don't thats fine also.

I guess I've laughed alot Artie as most of my hair has fallen out...lol....I heard laughing causes some slight weight gain too.....so guess I've laughed a bit causing that too. Guess I shouldn't laugh so much but there are so many things to laugh at in this world and bulletin board too so I guess I'll be losing more hair and gaining more weight......there goes my ET's....lol.

Don't get me started on Newman, he's a pisser and I think I have more hair than him and am slightly thinner thereby making me a better person than him but he is a cut up for sure.

Happy New Year.
Well, you're the nicest guy I know named "Rich" so take that for what it's worth.... :) I have more hair than you so I'm not as funny but think I have a few more pounds so maybe it evens out. Besides, having less hair makes you more aerodynamic so helps with the ET's so you can afford a few more pounds :) Newman is bigger than us both, wouldn't want to mess with him in either a bar or improv club....

Has anyone tried running the fuel pressure down on 160's? When I was making a smog chip for my 72's I used a borrowed hc/co meter and varied the fuel pressure from 28 to 45 psi. Higher pressure would give better atomization but shorter pulse width and with saturated drivers I was PW limited. Things got steadily better down to 32 psi, then got worse below that about as fast as above (in other words, 35 psi was about the same as 29 psi; just a coincidence but it was nice to see that there were no cliffs lurking in the tuning space :)). 32 psi got the average pw up to about 2.5 msec, from about 1.9 or so at 40 or so psi, and cut the hc and co in half or better. Going to 32 psi from 43.5 psi drops the 160's to 137 lb/hr in theory, in the ballpark of the 125's you were thinking about. Plus, your fuel pump will deliver more volume down there.

The formulas for hp and injectors are et=1356/mph, average rwhp = 197 * weight / et^3, and injector size = hp * 0.5 / 6 / 0.85 = hp * 0.09804 using 85% duty cycle max, 6 cylinders, and a bsfc of 0.5 which is typical for race gas. So to run 140 mph thats equivalent to a 9.69 et on average, and with a total weight including driver of say 3500 lbs that's 758 rwhp. Inflate that by a fudge factor for drivetrain loss to say 892 hp (15% loss), and that means 87.5 lbs/hr per injector. Bill's 8.80's at 3400 lbs (plus maybe 150 for Bill?) would need 1026 rwhp and about 1200 hp at the flywheel, and that needs 100 lb/hr static at the rated fuel pressure so his "OUT of injector with 83's" is pretty consistent for paper games.

Originally posted by ijames
Has anyone tried running the fuel pressure down on 160's? When I was making a smog chip for my 72's I used a borrowed hc/co meter and varied the fuel pressure from 28 to 45 psi. Higher pressure would give better atomization but shorter pulse width and with saturated drivers I was PW limited. Things got steadily better down to 32 psi, then got worse below that about as fast as above (in other words, 35 psi was about the same as 29 psi; just a coincidence but it was nice to see that there were no cliffs lurking in the tuning space :)). 32 psi got the average pw up to about 2.5 msec, from about 1.9 or so at 40 or so psi, and cut the hc and co in half or better. Going to 32 psi from 43.5 psi drops the 160's to 137 lb/hr in theory, in the ballpark of the 125's you were thinking about. Plus, your fuel pump will deliver more volume down there.

The formulas for hp and injectors are et=1356/mph, average rwhp = 197 * weight / et^3, and injector size = hp * 0.5 / 6 / 0.85 = hp * 0.09804 using 85% duty cycle max, 6 cylinders, and a bsfc of 0.5 which is typical for race gas. So to run 140 mph thats equivalent to a 9.69 et on average, and with a total weight including driver of say 3500 lbs that's 758 rwhp. Inflate that by a fudge factor for drivetrain loss to say 892 hp (15% loss), and that means 87.5 lbs/hr per injector. Bill's 8.80's at 3400 lbs (plus maybe 150 for Bill?) would need 1026 rwhp and about 1200 hp at the flywheel, and that needs 100 lb/hr static at the rated fuel pressure so his "OUT of injector with 83's" is pretty consistent for paper games.
Yeah, what he said! Like I keep saying in my posts, let the smarter people than me comment. :)
Is there an additional lee way in injector when using a B2B? Assuming that the pooling that occurs for the other 2 firings of the injectors might allow for smaller injector even though the atomization for these 2 firings would be piss poor but the fuel is still there?