Improved Times

3.8L V-8 eater

Well, it's been a bit of a struggle this year at the track...Have had little issues each time out that has prevented me from reching the 10's this season......

My personal best up till last night had been 10.99 with best MPH being 125....Have had a bunch of 11.0's between this season and the last.....The weather in northeast Ohio was to good to pass up yesterday so I drove to the track with hopes that all my issues were solved....Reached the track around 5:30 and the temp was about 74* and very little humidity....

First pass I went 10.96 @ 126.07....60Ft not terrible but not good either 1.67

Second pass a 10.80 @ 126.95 ........60Ft ----1.65

This 6265 turbo has woke the car up on he top end as opposed to the 6262....Finally getting my firt clean passes with this turbo and went almost 127.....

Well done! Hope to be there someday too.

Those are great times. What track do you go to? I'm going to Quaker City Friday with a few guys. I'm going to test my new set up. I'm hoping it's at least as fast as it was the last time I went. Good chance it's not. This turbo is a little slower spooling.

Do you log your runs? I'd like to know what your injector duty cycle is at 27 lbs and where you have your alky set.

Last edited:
Nice job Tony. You can adjust low boost fueling, that might help the 60'. I would also add timing to low gear. The launch assist always slowed down my 60', it retards the timing to put heat into the exhaust to get a big turbo on boost.

Nice job Tony. You can adjust low boost fueling, that might help the 60'. I would also add timing to low gear. The launch assist always slowed down my 60', it retards the timing to put heat into the exhaust to get a big turbo on boost.
Rob, is the low boost fueling the same adjustment as lo gear fueling?? I had removed about 4% fuel out of 1st and 2nd gear...AFR still looked a little fat, but what deterred me from removing more fuel was the 2nd to 3rd shift...On the 1st run it showed .03* of knock which is very minimal but it winds out to 6300 RPM on that shift....I was thinking removing more fuel might cause more knock....The 10.80 pass I left in 2nd gear and shifted to 3rd manually, but did it by sound and the feel of the pull....

Sweeeet ! That car hooking has a 10.4/10.5 easy good luck with it keep us posted .

Rob, is the low boost fueling the same adjustment as lo gear fueling?? I had removed about 4% fuel out of 1st and 2nd gear...AFR still looked a little fat, but what deterred me from removing more fuel was the 2nd to 3rd shift...On the 1st run it showed .03* of knock which is very minimal but it winds out to 6300 RPM on that shift....I was thinking removing more fuel might cause more knock....The 10.80 pass I left in 2nd gear and shifted to 3rd manually, but did it by sound and the feel of the pull....
You need to get that shift point down to the mid 5000's and the car will pick up a lot

You need to get that shift point down to the mid 5000's and the car will pick up a lot
I was wondering if that would be the case...I suppose I could leave it in 2nd set the chip to flash the CEL light when it needs to be shifted!! Bison why do you think it shifts so late?? Is it anything I can adjust?? I want to pull this tranny and have it freshened up this winter, but looking to get through this season....

Rob,
Didn't log the second run cause it started elimination rounds and they always get on me for having the lap top open...I will have to turn off launch assist...As for the low boost setting I don't see anything in the chip's directions about low boost just the Lo gear fuel as they call it....

The transmission calibration determines the shift points based on driveshaft speed and governor pressure. Possibly the wrong governor/vb or a leak in the governor circuit? You might be hitting the rev limiter if you are seeing 6300. The factory rev limit can be raised to 6375 or removed. Hitting the rev limiter is not good especially with supplemental fuel injected

The transmission calibration determines the shift points based on driveshaft speed and governor pressure. Possibly the wrong governor/vb or a leak in the governor circuit? You might be hitting the rev limiter if you are seeing 6300. The factory rev limit can be raised to 6375 or removed. Hitting the rev limiter is not good especially with supplemental fuel injected
According to the chip instructions a cam my size has a rev limit of 6200......You can also have the rev limiter removed, but I diidn't ask for that to be done, so I'm betting you are right on that!! Looks like I need to manually shift this thing till I can get it to Vince after this race season....