I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

Well... got my first ride in a Hellcat. It was a 2015 Challenger with drag radials. Amazing car! Its one of those car that sets the benchmark for cars in its class. I can not go out and buy a Charger or Challenger now. It would be like trading your TR for a MC SS or Cutlass 442. Nice look but the power is not there. It is an expensive car but so is a fully loaded Tahoe or GMC Denali.

The car is big and heavy but that makes for a comfortable and quiet ride. Oddly my favorite part of the car was the automatic transmission. It shifted firm and fast. It was like the car never fell out of the sweet spot for HP and TQ. The owner/driver was not being soft on the car at all. He actually drove it much harder than I would have. I feel it would be pointless to have on with stock street tires in the rear because with so much power on tap. Traction is what you'd hope to get as opposed to most other performance cars that look to break the tires loose to show some power.

Sadly, I don't think I would buy any Dodge now unless it has that drivetrain. The Hellcat engine should be interesting to watch in the years to come. I had my eyes on the SRT Durango but now that would not happen unless it was purchased like my TBSS which has ton of mods by Lingenfelter guys.

Still love the Buicks and other cars but Dodge did a great job!

What point are you actually trying to make? That you're all of a sudden part of a higher class or are you just hoping to justify your purchase to yourself?
Lol... No!
Just pointing out the fact that the HC is the GN of today! We are living in very good times for the automotive industry. I didnt get that chance back then, now I can be a part of it and ride the wave. There should be a fair amount of 8 sec HC's in the years to come. Heck, we even have our own GNX version of our cars......The Demon!

Now this is how a Model like this should be unveiled,though the Vin Diesel part was a bit Hokey.
I thought the show was this weekend but it was yesterday,here is the whole release.
The Demon starts at about the 46 min mark

Last edited:
Holy Guacomole! I was expecting an upgraded Hellcat.....but wow! Can't wait to hear Jeremy Clarkson's comments behind the wheel of this one.

What no one has said yet is , read between the lines of what Tim is saying " NHRA has banned it " why ,........because it has no roll cage !!!!!!! Unless I'm wrong , you buy this car but you can't take it down the track ?????

You can run on an an NRHA track but not compete and the threshhold is 10.0 not 11.50.
That's right, new cars don't need a cage until 10 flat. But you do need a fire jacket and helmet.

The new demon is a bad ass car! I'm happy to see dodge bring a car of this caliper to the market and it be street legal. Hopefully the other manufactures keep the pony wars going. I'm not even sure if the cobra jet or copo can be registered and driven on the street.

Wouldn't this be the perfect time for the GN to make it's comeback? The Dodge man said that they weren't building a sports car or a pony car but a street/strip muscle car.... BUICK are you listening???

PS. Don't flock it up. :)

I think all the manufacturers have the ability to do what Dodge did. The reality of it is you need to consider how many people will buy these types of cars. Tomorrow ask the folks around you if they even know what a Hellcat is or a CTS-V. I bet it will be less than 20% and of the 20% can they afford or desire to own such a vehicle. To a lot of people the $40k Maxima or Impala is fast enough and seats 4 adults with all the gadgets. I have no interest in the Challengers but love the Hellcat Charger, Durango SRT, Jeep Track Hawk.

Wouldn't this be the perfect time for the GN to make it's comeback? The Dodge man said that they weren't building a sports car or a pony car but a street/strip muscle car.... BUICK are you listening???

PS. Don't flock it up. :)
Sorry, your words fall on deaf ears. Maybe a hearing aid may help..........or a pulse?

Sorry, your words fall on deaf ears. Maybe a hearing aid may help..........or a pulse?

I know, I know. It's a corporate numbers game. But somewhere in the Pentastar skunkworks someone had to have crunched the numbers for the hellcat and the demon and thought it was a good idea (ie: would make money or at least drum up interest in the brand again.)

I've seen the latest Buick offerings. They're ok, but not anything that stirs the soul... It makes me wonder who thought the GN and the GNX were a good idea and money maker? It wasn't a huge production run but it did give Buick some street cred and although the turbo Buick is still a living legend, I think it's high time that Buick made a quick cameo (if that's all it could muster) and then drop the mike. Hell, this is the new GOLDEN AGE of Muscle!! (Just saw an article on a company bringing out a new Bandit trans am with 1000hp). We don't have to get crazy but I think we should at least have an answer to all of these monsters being reborn and unleashed.