I'm new to the TurboBuick site, but not the hobby

v6boost

I thought this would be the right place to join after picking up a white, 87, T Type. The car has some issue that I have to get involved with right away. Broken axle, and some quarter panel damage do to the wheel coming off, so I bought another regal also as a parts car (has a 442 drive train) but a spent tranny, but a 8.5 rear. I'm thinking I should repair the rear in the T Type?
I had a regal a few years back that I put a small block chevy 400, turbo 350 trans, and a ford 9", that I had a lot of fun with, but this one I plan to keep as a v6 boosted.
I'm told the car is rare (idk seller said so) but I don't remember seeing a lot of GN's or T Types with a factory header? I plan to keep searching here for info, and pictures to come shortly

Thanks Guys -
Did the T-Type / or GN come with a factory headers?
I have a set on this car, and I have to say they look pretty small but I guess it's better than a steel exhaust manifold.

Thanks Guys -
Did the T-Type / or GN come with a factory headers?
I have a set on this car, and I have to say they look pretty small but I guess it's better than a steel exhaust manifold.
stock headers will take you deep in the 10's, so keep them. just be sure they are not all cracked up,and welcome to the community

Yeah a 87 T Type is pretty rare since they dropped the T-type name in 87 ;). In 87 they had a T package more commonly referred to as a turbo T. In 87 there were 8,547 cars with the T-package. If you go all Barret-Jackson on it maybe only 5 match the exact specifications to your car. Post a picture of the car and the RPO sticker and someone might be able to guess closer to the rarity.

stock headers will take you deep in the 10's, so keep them. just be sure they are not all cracked up,and welcome to the community
Man 10's are awesome from a 3,8. I know it's not easy but lets see what I can do with with a little time?

Yeah a 87 T Type is pretty rare since they dropped the T-type name in 87 ;). In 87 they had a T package more commonly referred to as a turbo T. In 87 there were 8,547 cars with the T-package. If you go all Barret-Jackson on it maybe only 5 match the exact specifications to your car. Post a picture of the car and the RPO sticker and someone might be able to guess closer to the rarity.
Will do the next few days, the guy I picked it up from tells me 1 of 137 done with this combo? I'll have to see what I learn from some of the guys on here that "know"