I'm in! My 1st 1987 WE-4

Xvetteowner

Today I got a nice looking ( A few small parking lot dents) factory paint, Great looking inside, rust free 83k mile car. Motor runs great. Does make a noise from the timing chain, Which I'll fix myself. Cost $5300. I wanted one of these since 1988 when during a "Traffic light face-off' Some guy in a big black buick pulled away from me so fast ( I had a new Porsche 944 turbo S ) I actually check my foot to confirm I had the pedal to the floor. I remember thinking as he started power braking before the light turned green " Is this guy kidding me with this thing"... 21 years I got one. Within 1 month it will look brand new.

Wow, I was online looking at parts

You can make this car run like a Z0-6 with seating for four!. But I think you guys/girls already know that.

What's a Z06? My rear view mirror fell off, so I don't know what they look like.

:biggrin:

Man that is so funny ! That is the same reason I finally bought a GN about 2 years ago
It was the exact same type of incident, except I had a 86 Trans Am when
this black buick "Regal" pulls up, (I think it was around 1987 or so.)
He rev'd it up a few times and I thought, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME
A buck REGAL.
My mom has a Regal.

Needless to say, it was over before it started.
I was absolutely amazed how fast that car was.

He slowed down to make the next light, and I of course turned off at the next
street before that next light.
Good Luck !

Congrats! I swear these damn Buicks are worse than crack. Enjoy your new ride!

A lot of good stuff on that website, But never use card

I've been doing investment banking/ co-host a financial radio show for some time. It's going to get worse before it get better, You don't want a balance on your card(s) since the bank will be raising the interest they charge you on any balance even if you paid on time.....And get this American Express has started raising interest rates on card members that shop at the "wrong" store. like auto parts stores. There reason, the behavioral software model they use shows that people that repair there own car defaut more offen then people that have a shop do it.. So to lower there risk they either cut the credit line or increase the rate. Big brother is right at the door. Think about it... anything you buy.. anywhere is reviewed by someone. Visa does the same

And so it begins....divorce now, sell the house and buy a garage with a bed in it. You will not be able to stop sinking money in the car. A second job is not out of the question either. Hope you have another car to drive because you will either modify this one to the point where you won't want to (or can't) drive it everyday or you will have it apart so often you need something else to drive. These cars a cool but man, you can get obsessed with them. Oh yea, if you think you will just modify it a little, guess again. You will always want to go a little faster, handle a little better, or something...

I glad me wife never has an Issue with what I spend.

Because I'm going to spend..... I could come home with a 100,000 Maserati ( I did it in May) No problem, I look to go to bike week with a few friends..Big problem no bike week for me.. I've learned in the last 15 years to pick my battles. When it's done she wants to drive it to work. She's a surgeon, This car will make for some fast house calls.

2006 Grand Sport (Retail new 100k plus is not what I paid)

Dark Blue, two tone light brown inside. Needed a Clutch and f1 pump at 18,000 miles, 20k service blew me away $6550. There is a good reason you can purchase a 2002 with 35,000 miles for 25k. But the sound of that motor (395 hp) at 7000 rpms wow. If anyone is looking to purchase one, CONFIRM the clutch and f1 pump has been replaced. The pump lasts longer but the clutch wears out between 15 to 20k miles.

I needed a wiring harness. The factory closes for most of the month of August. (Just when I needed it). Then the main warehouse send it to wrong dealer. lost for another week.

For the GS? What year? I might actually have one here. I can also put an e-mail into MNA to see availability.

duh....just saw it was an 06'.