I'm done....they won't honor by turbo warranty!!!!

pmoore4321

"This is a video of the jet engine I built a long, long time ago. Apologies for the poor quality, it's dubbed from VHS(I said it was a long time ago...). It uses a Buick Grand National turbocharger with a Harley muffler as the combustion chamber housing. The initial spark is provided by a neon sign transformer firing a spark plug, with propane as the fuel."

They said my oil feed was restricted...:)

Sweet. My Moms neighbor has a small jet engine in a box that was used in Iraq to smoke out helicopter bases. Has an oil injector to produce smoke. He bought this thing for 500 bucks from a military auction. The auction slip stated green storage box/smoke device. Him and his buddy knew what it was when they seen it because they have used them before. Its worth way more than they paid.The gov pays 100k for them. The auction wanted it back but the sale was final. When he fires it up it will move the bushes across the street about 60 feet away. Its pretty cool. I will have to see if he will let me take pictures of it.

Sweet. My Moms neighbor has a small jet engine in a box that was used in Iraq to smoke out helicopter bases. Has an oil injector to produce smoke. He bought this thing for 500 bucks from a military auction. The auction slip stated green storage box/smoke device. Him and his buddy knew what it was when they seen it because they have used them before. Its worth way more than they paid.The gov pays 100k for them. The auction wanted it back but the sale was final. When he fires it up it will move the bushes across the street about 60 feet away. Its pretty cool. I will have to see if he will let me take pictures of it.
Coolest thing i ever saw.

Was it similar to this, but maybe smaller? Insane amount of smoke...lol

pmoore4321 said:
YouTube Video

"This is a video of the jet engine I built a long, long time ago. Apologies for the poor quality, it's dubbed from VHS(I said it was a long time ago...). It uses a Buick Grand National turbocharger with a Harley muffler as the combustion chamber housing. The initial spark is provided by a neon sign transformer firing a spark plug, with propane as the fuel."

They said my oil feed was restricted...:)

That was dangerous.

That was dangerous.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm sure if the turbo wheels came apart it would be like a grenade. He posted another video of him oiling the turbo by hand with a squirt bottle of oil.

pmoore4321 said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm sure if the turbo wheels came apart it would be like a grenade. He posted another video of him oiling the turbo by hand with a squirt bottle of oil.

He could have pressure fed it with a drill pump and used. If that turbo came apart it would get ugly really fast.

Its a little smaller than thatLOL. He wanted to install it on a John Deere tractor so he called the company that made it.
The first question from the company is ,Where did you get it? When he told them the guy just laughed .They told him to bring it back to where he bought it because the public is not supposed to have these. He wants to install a defuser? The thing that goes on the exhaust side to build thrust. The guy is nuts so he will probably try to put it on the John Deere.