I'm building a monster engine, I need a healthy trans. Who to use?

Vince Janis has put together alot of trannys in the 10s-9s that are holding up in Ohio. I would check him out,VERY GOOD guy!! I just got mine done(stock rebuild) Im in mid-11s. Vince told me to run mid-high 10s would need a hardend shaft and a billit drum.

Most of the vendors that frequent here are using the same hard parts, many made by CKPerformance.

Mot of the builds are similar, some of us do stuff a bit different than the others, but if the vendor has a proven track record, you aren't going to go wrong.

Here's some of the builders mentions so far:

TB.com VENDORS
CK Performance (NY)
Extreme Automatics (IN)
PTS Xtreme (CA)
Brian (hipsibri) (??)

NON-VENDORS (I can only go by what I see listed)
Len Freeman (NV)
Century Transmissions (TX)
Jakes Performance (TX)
David Husek (NY?)
Art Carr (CA)
Vince Janis (OH)

Since I can't find a comprehensive list. I suppose I'll try and compile one myself. If you see your name or don't see your name, please feel free to add it. I will try and compile a quick reference guide to all of the standard Stage I and II offerings and then we can all chat about bang for buck, customer service, etc...

Here's some of the builders mentions so far:

TB.com VENDORS
CK Performance (NY)
Extreme Automatics (IN)
PTS Xtreme (CA)
Brian (hipsibri) (??)

NON-VENDORS (I can only go by what I see listed)
Len Freeman (NV)
Century Transmissions (TX)
Jakes Performance (TX)
David Husek (NY?)
Art Carr (CA)
Vince Janis (OH)

Since I can't find a comprehensive list. I suppose I'll try and compile one myself. If you see your name or don't see your name, please feel free to add it. I will try and compile a quick reference guide to all of the standard Stage I and II offerings and then we can all chat about bang for buck, customer service, etc...

I am a board vendor and been building 9 second reliable street driven GN transmissions for over 16 years. No one else can make that claim. I take pride in what I do and stand behind my work...I build my transmission to your combination, not via a stage...drivability is key

Best of all, my prices are still the same as I charged back in the 1990”s<O:p</O:p

That's a better list than I could put together! I was using the listed vendors at the bottom part of the web board. Sorry Dave, didn't see your name down there so I did not know you were a vendor here...

Well, now that there's a list, I guess I need to shop around to see what is being offered for what kind of money.

I am being told that I will require several billet parts in order to build a reliable trans for my 600+hp goal.

Can you guys chime in an give me an idea of what parts are the "must haves"?

trans

i would go with jimmy's transmissions in mundeline illinois, he is among the best. he has a website

I am being told that I will require several billet parts in order to build a reliable trans for my 600+hp goal.

Can you guys chime in an give me an idea of what parts are the "must haves"?

You really need all the billet but minimum would be the forward drum, servo, and deep pan.

Vince Janis or Dave Husek. I had Vince Janis build a billet unit for me last year. He built it to my combo and it works great. My car makes over 550rwhp and 580tqe. I would use Vince again in a heartbeat. I would not hesitate to use Dave either, he has very good reputation. I spoke to him on the phone, he was very helpful and not pushy trying to get me to do buisness with him like some vendors can be.