I'm ba-a-a-a-ck....

Greetings. My brother Scott pointed me to your post today, saying he met you today (he has the 47k GN being built by Steve V in Virginia). Awesome Camaro and very interesting listening to your comments about missing your GN. I bought a brand new 2004 Corvette in 2004, paid on it for 6 years, totally garage kept, and when I finished paying for it (it had 4000 miles on it on the final payment), worked a deal with my neighbor who acquired an 87 Astro roof with digital dash. His first time with a GN and found it was above his comfort zone. I have been soaking up all the possible data out there for the past 4 years, and have been slowly learning about them. It has been unbelievable how they grow on you. I am now getting ready to sell my 1969 Corvette T Top I built back in 1977, so I can afford to take the GN to the next level. The 69 has been in my heated/air conditioned garage on tire dolleys and has not been moved since 1987. Once they are gone, they are gone, but the Grand National has resonated like none other. Thanks for the pics, and greatly enjoyed reading between the lines regarding missing your GN. Steve V will transition into mine after my brother's is finished. Look forward to your future posts. Thanks.

Greetings. My brother Scott pointed me to your post today, saying he met you today (he has the 47k GN being built by Steve V in Virginia). Awesome Camaro and very interesting listening to your comments about missing your GN. I bought a brand new 2004 Corvette in 2004, paid on it for 6 years, totally garage kept, and when I finished paying for it (it had 4000 miles on it on the final payment), worked a deal with my neighbor who acquired an 87 Astro roof with digital dash. His first time with a GN and found it was above his comfort zone. I have been soaking up all the possible data out there for the past 4 years, and have been slowly learning about them. It has been unbelievable how they grow on you. I am now getting ready to sell my 1969 Corvette T Top I built back in 1977, so I can afford to take the GN to the next level. The 69 has been in my heated/air conditioned garage on tire dolleys and has not been moved since 1987. Once they are gone, they are gone, but the Grand National has resonated like none other. Thanks for the pics, and greatly enjoyed reading between the lines regarding missing your GN. Steve V will transition into mine after my brother's is finished. Look forward to your future posts. Thanks.

Hello - I don't recall meeting your brother? I'm in NW Ohio so I'm not sure who he may be?

Regardless, thank you for the comments and yes, I do miss my GN - a LOT. I may just go back to one some day because like you said, once they get in your blood, there is no getting away from them. I had four of them (one was GNX #281) over the years and owned my last one for over 12 years.

The ZL1 is a sick, sick car in its own way. And, like the GN, it responds well to mods. But it outweighs the GN by about 500 lbs so there is that to overcome. However, with enormous HP and Torque out of the box plus the brakes, suspension, and other goodies, it's a really awesome machine.

Good luck with your projects!

Steve,
Welcome back!:)
Great looking hot rod. Has anyone tried to race you yet? If so, please post results here.
Have you seen this?;) http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/kill-sections-hall-of-fame.414659/

Hope all's well.
Mike Barnard

Hi Mike! No one has tried to race me but in all fairness, I've just bought the car since Dec 18 and it's pretty much been in the garage since then. It only has 164 miles on it because the weather here in NW Ohio has been horrible and I will not take it out unless the road is dry and salt free. Spring is coming so I'm hoping to get more miles on it soon.

That was really cool about the 'Hall of Fame'! Wow! Thanks for the link - I was not aware of that.

I do have more stories to write as soon as I get some time. It's been a few years since I have had any time at the keyboard to put things down but hopefully soon.

It's BAD-ASS!
I'll bet that every one of those one hundred and sixty four miles put a smile on your face... B-B-B-B Bad!!!

Just did the math. That's 656 quarter mile passes.:D
And your fans are eagerly wanting to hear about em.

BAD TO THE BONE!!!

Its too bad that there is minimal cosmetic differences between the ZL1 and the v6 camaro. At least the Gt500 is noticeably different than the other shitstains

Its too bad that there is minimal cosmetic differences between the ZL1 and the v6 camaro. At least the Gt500 is noticeably different than the other shitstains

Sleeper!
Something we're very familiar with.;)

I like plain, unassuming cars. That's one of the reasons the GN will always have my heart. Check out the size of the brakes.

And if you see this side by side with a V6 you can definitely tell them apart!

20150322_182327.jpg