I'm at my wits end

There is something special about the bulb-a resister, diode,? Caspers sells the special bulbs.(or did)
I believe it is required to allow the alternator to function. Someone will remember.

If your volt light does not come on when you turn the key to on, your alternator will not charge your system. You must unfasten you speedo case and reposition or jiggle it until the light comes on, and then refasten it. I don't know if that's your low idle problem, but I do know if no volt light, no charge.

Shine a flashlight at your dash you will see volt light on the left hand side that light comes on before you even engage the starter then turns back off before or after you start the car can't remember . It's pretty easy to change that bald just pull out your front faceplate of your dash then you're going to have like 4 or 6 screws gently massage your dash out it won't go out all the way just enough for you to reach back on the left hand side grab that bulb twist to the left and pull out that bulb

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

If your volt light does not come on when you turn the key to on, your alternator will not charge your system. You must unfasten you speedo case and reposition or jiggle it until the light comes on, and then refasten it. I don't know if that's your low idle problem, but I do know if no volt light, no charge.
It comes on when I turn the key to prime and she starts right up thanks for the info bro

It comes on when I turn the key to prime and she starts right up thanks for the info bro
now that's a diagram

In post 19 you said it doesn't turn on. What fixed it?

He didn't say specifically, but thanked me for this information.

In post 19 you said it doesn't turn on. What fixed it?
I think my car is haunted , but I called my mechanic to get her inspected and I told him what was up and he told me basically what you guys said,
Also he said storage over the winter
Does strange things to these old cars
Plus the age of the car but you guys know all this so I'm going to have him relays and sensors and get a proper tune because I'm just so tired of pulling this thing and the other so
This is a job for him to do cause he has turbo buick parts in house at the shop and the season is about half over but all you guys who tried to help me thank you soo much the people on the board are the best
Chris