Ignorant People. No Respect For Peoples Property.

HighMileage

Albany,NY
Here I am at a local restaurant in-city. I've got a view out of the window. My GN is parked in full view.

Someone in a Honda SUV with ball hitch parallel parks in front of me. Lots of space. Businessman type guy is ON THE PHONE and keeps going backwards till...bonk...into the front my car. I go out to confront and look. Luckily the hitch went into the duct opening. "Sorry. No disrespect!",he sez. I'm in a good mood. I let it slide.

20 min later...

Young middle eastern dood in hospital scrubs driving a new Honda parks in back of me. Creeps forward more and more....*bump!(GN lurches forward) into the back of my car. He parks against my back bumper,exits,and walks away.
Gone before I can get out there.

Ignorant people suck.

It's too bad I don't still have my '73 Chrylser Imperial. So you wanna play demo derby?

Thanks for letting me vent!

Steve. '87 GN,t-tops. Super Clean. Stock with PowerLogger.

Karma at it's..

FINEST!
And, when Habib came back, he had 2-3 flats??
I had a similar deal @ the Atl airport.. Dood w/ the dr insignia on his rear glass, parks his Mercedes 500 up under my rear bumper. I'm in my dually, and can't get out.... That was until I "moved" his kraut burner aside w/ the rear bumper!!:eek:

FINEST!
And, when Habib came back, he had 2-3 flats??
I had a similar deal @ the Atl airport.. Dood w/ the dr insignia on his rear glass, parks his Mercedes 500 up under my rear bumper. I'm in my dually, and can't get out.... That was until I "moved" his kraut burner aside w/ the rear bumper!!:eek:

Funny thing... Girl bartender here:"I'm going out and go off on this guy when he comes back! You see what he did?! Pushed your car forward,then put his car in park! I'm gonna go out there!!"

I really don't want to make this car a garage queen. Been there with other cars. That's no fun for me. The fun is making this car part of my errand running day once in a while.

Where do these idiots learn this stuff:mad:
They are DOPER liberals LOL!
They have the worst looking cars with Obama & animal rights stickers on them.
They live in there own little bubble and figure insurance will fix it for you.

Just happened to my wife. She parks FAR away at grocery market so the carridges & everyone fighting for a close spot because they are too lazy to walk 50 extra yards.
She is in NO mans land and someone tags her front fender. You can see the white paint scrapes on her gold. $300 out of our pocket. :mad:

The first time I got to drive my T after getting it painted and new engine in (2 yrs basically) I went to get a dunkin donut coffee early in the am on a saturday and coming out of the drivethru a guy backs up without looking - I had to stop and go into reverse to keep him from hitting my T, while I was laying on the horn he just kept coming back! If he had hit my car I would probably have lost it.

Man that sucks getting your car hit like that. I have to deal with little kids at car shows putting alll their lil finger prints on the doors and hood.

My buddies and i were on spring break in daytona about 5-6 years ago...Someone squezzed so close to his tahoe that he couldnt open the door more than 5 inches and his mirror was pushed forward and cracked..He promptly climbed in thru the back gate grabbing his cordless drill along the way..after he pulled out of the spot he drilled thier lock out of thier door with a 2 inch holesaw !!!!! :eek:

My buddies and i were on spring break in daytona about 5-6 years ago...Someone squezzed so close to his tahoe that he couldnt open the door more than 5 inches and his mirror was pushed forward and cracked..He promptly climbed in thru the back gate grabbing his cordless drill along the way..after he pulled out of the spot he drilled thier lock out of thier door with a 2 inch holesaw !!!!! :eek:

I have a nice little business card that say's Have a Nice Day JACKAZZ. that would have been perfect to leave in that hole LOL:biggrin:

They are DOPER liberals LOL!
They have the worst looking cars with Obama & animal rights stickers on them.
They live in there own little bubble and figure insurance will fix it for you.

Just happened to my wife. She parks FAR away at grocery market so the carridges & everyone fighting for a close spot because they are too lazy to walk 50 extra yards.
She is in NO mans land and someone tags her front fender. You can see the white paint scrapes on her gold. $300 out of our pocket. :mad:

"Doper Liberals." You've got that right. What else would one expect here in the Capitol of NY state? Actually,these incidents happened within a mile of the Capitol building on Lark st.

Here,we've got the Hybrid Pry-us's with the Obama stickers AND the rainbow stickers. How dare I have a non-hybrid car!!

My guess is it didn't matter what I was driving. The disrespect for someone else's property would happen none-the-less.

My GN is definitely not mint. But I don't want senseless damage happening to it.

Steve. '87 GN,t-tops. Super clean,stock with PowerLogger.

It happens all the time. Some yahoo hit my dad's box truck completely knocking his rear end askew. He also damaged the fiberglass box. That was a nasty repair bill.. People are ridiculous. Honestly, if someone hit my Buick I would LOSE IT. I have to yell at my brother all the time to be careful near it or Ill whoop him :D.

that kind of crap annoys me to no end.

by the way in Chicago, it is ACTUALLY an accepted practice to bump into cars in order to get into the parallel parking spots, because ostenibly, bumpers were meant for 5mph impacts.....(nevermind the fact after 1978, the standard was lowered to 2.5 in order to maintain mileage standards!!) and damaged bumpers is all too common regardless of what car it happens to be! (this was explained to me when visiting a friend in Chicago over a thanksgiving break as a student at Rochester Inst of Tech in NY)

most people do not think cars as anything more than disposable appliances....

Has happened to me.
I get out and tie their windshield wipers in a knot.
I don't care if they are still in the car.

Carry a valve stem core remover with you. Remove the valve cores from the valve stems and leave them on the edge of the dew strip on the front driver side window.

No damage done but an inconvience.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

i use to live in Brooklyn and when I would park my vet on the street,people would park on top of it.I would see their rear wheels off the ground going on my hood.Then when you confront them,they say they don't speak english.I don't miss those days having to park on the street.

BINGO!!! I always carry one with me. Learned that back in high school. And a small crescent wrench. I sometimes will unscrew their solid mount antenna and either throw it far away or take it with me. I have also taken their wiper arms with me. :biggrin:

Carry a valve stem core remover with you. Remove the valve cores from the valve stems and leave them on the edge of the dew strip on the front driver side window.

No damage done but an inconvience.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

After reading some of these stories I'm going to start carrying an axe in my car.
'Oh you want to park like an ass OK.' Me and Mr. Axe can make you wish I was a 'KEY'er.

Has happened to me.
I get out and tie their windshield wipers in a knot.
I don't care if they are still in the car.

I can see me doing this one with them still in the car !!! I'm 6'6" 350#......Stay your azz in the car where it's safe.

I've had to remove the valve stem with a pair of Vise-grips....it works well.

Its incredible how every post on this board can have a racist statement slipped in and a liberal being blamed. Yeah, only liberals get into accidents. How stupid.

I know... it's just terrible. Negligence is an accident, huh? I don't think most people even understand placing a value on a car, more than as an appliance.

I won't get into some of the stuff I've done over damage to my vehicles. Even just doesn't make right, or fix the damage.