Ignition swith problem

junction34

My car was broken into and the steering column was ripped open to get to the ignition. (I bought the car like this) When the previos owner went to start (thank god it has a kill switch :cool: ) the key broke off in the ignition. Now i pretty much know that the ignition will have to be replaced and the steering column is only cosmetic damage (at least I hope) where can I get a new ignition and what about the key? Also where can I get some good spark plug wires for my hot-air?

junction34 said:
My car was broken into and the steering column was ripped open to get to the ignition. (I bought the car like this) When the previos owner went to start (thank god it has a kill switch :cool: ) the key broke off in the ignition. Now i pretty much know that the ignition will have to be replaced and the steering column is only cosmetic damage (at least I hope) where can I get a new ignition and what about the key? Also where can I get some good spark plug wires for my hot-air?

You should be able to get the ignition switch and key from a dealer.

You can get wires from www.Postonbuick.com
Search for PN M312043811 (GM stock replacement) and PE488723.
Look into the PE488723 as this is the high performance set.

FWIW, I got a set at Autozone and made/custom fitted my own.

I don't know how much damage is done but I had my entire lock cylinder replaced by a lock smith in less than 45 minutes. If it's just the cylinder, any auto locksmith should have no problem replacing it. I think the cost was ~75 total parts and labor.

If you can reuse your old lock cylinder the key code should be stamped on the outside of the pot metal cylinder housing. It will be four characters long. For example 4J56 or 34M5. Any locksmith should be able to cut you a key if you supply the code. Sounds like the entire column should be replaced though.