if you where me what would you do next?

jwheelz1212

hey guys, i got some money saved up and want to get some more upgrades for my 86 gn, but dont know what to get next. i drive my car alot during the summer, i allready have installed 42 lb injectors and a chip, poly body mounts, scan master, pypes exhaust, cobalt water temp and oil pressure gauges, tubular upper and lowers in the rear, hot wire kit, new fuel pump, and some minor stuff here and there but other than that cars mostly stock. just looking for any suggestions.

thanks guys

My less than expert opinion is to do the 3" downpipe to match your exhaust next & then decide if you want to run alky or not.

~JM~

from a performance standpoint alkycontrol for sure,and start working your way up in boost,then start making plans for a trans upgrade ;)

+1 and drag radials.

You can say that again! Got a stock car here I just put the alky kit on. 30* temps,17-18 psi and 225/60/15's, feels like its wet outside! It will leave with 23-25psi and 3* more timing!

A Duttwieler intercooler neck and a 3" dp would be where I would start. Then, a good 2800 converter. That will really set your car on fire. I don't have any experience with alky yet, so I cant comment on it. From what I have read, it is the best bang for the buck. Turbo Tweak makes a great alky chip.

Do you have an afpr and rail gauge? If not, I'd do that first, maybe a dutt neck on your i/c, the DP, and then Alky.

Drag radials for sure but you really didn't state your goals. Alky would get you some power. A chip and a wideband would e necessary with the alky. If you're not familiar with tuning onenofnthese bring it to a dyno shop that is.

i have a dutwiler neck. i think im going to get a alky kit and maybe some new radials. i would love to get a down pipe too that will be my next purchase.

1000%.... AlkyControl , for our cars none better !!!!!

Alky and Chip, HD actuator if you dont have one already. And you are going to need tires that hook after that. Mid to low 12s all day with a 1.7 60' and 24 psi

i ordered alky kit and down pipe and boost gauge. just need to get a new chip. how much boost can i run with out worrying about my motor?