If i have the money for a V2 should I get it.

84turbogn

I will get in the 12's
I've heard a little about te v2. What exactly is it. Does it change the location of the turbo, and make intercooling easier or cheaper. Sorry for sounding dumb, I'm a fairly new hot air owner, but i'm trying to learn. nocooler is asking 1100 is that a good price? Pros and cons anyone??
thanks.

If you are referring to the CAS V2--- Forget about it....I dont think they are reputable nor in business anymore..

Are you talking about the Turbomotion V2 intercooler and intake setup? I believe so because if I rememebr correctly Nocooler is selling it. If you can afford to buy it, id say go for it. It is an amazing kit. I myself run it, and have nothing but good things to say about it. There were only 25 or so of these kits made and since then, the company has went out of business. The only few cons I can really think of it the modified thermostat housing, and wastegate mounting is a little difficult. The kit was designed to run an external deltagate. The kit does not change the location of the turbo, it moves the throttlebody off the compressor side of the turbo, and puts it on the intake manifold(The pressure side of the turbo) The intakeis ported and a custom doghouse is created to forcefeed the motor via front entry. Even with the stock turbo and this kit the car just flies. You're looking at about 100HP bolton with the right go fast mods. (injectors, adj wastegate and fpr, high flow fuel pump, filter)I did some testing when I first put the kit on with the stock turbo, and it pulls great with it. You will also have to convert to an electric fan setup because the intercooler is mounted there. If you want to see pics of my car with the kit installed, go here. http://community.webshots.com/user/buicktv6
There are also a few other guys here who run the kit such as turbowrenchhead and 1quick6 I believe. So if you have any more questions we'd be happt yo assist you! :)
HTH

Yes the turbomotion. for some reason I cant find the pics. could you e-mail them to me? would it be a project that I could do my self (and guidence from ya'll) ? Does it require any previous upgrades? special chip or anything ? thanks again!!

Sorry for posting twice but I saw the pics. It looks great! does it come with the intercooler scoop? couldn't tell from pics. I was considering the fmic from spearco also, but i like the way this looks better. If his kit is complete I'll purchase it. About the electric fan, does it fit perfect in the car? I didnt notice in the pictures. what is the cost?

I am by far not the most experienced at working on cars. I know my way around a car and I tackled my biggest project ever last summer when I threw on my V2 kit. I dont have it running yet or tuned so to say. I have an exhaust leak yet by the exhuast elbow and it should be running good. All I can say is the V2 kit pulls like a mother with my TA-49. And that is just at 10# of boost. Also at 10# of boost the damn car breaks the tires lose on a 20mph roll. I had the worst time with just tracking things down and get stuff to fit..........she still needs works...........but man I dont regret buying one bit. I even had the spearco intercooler setup on my car before and the V2 just blows it away. The stock intake runs like 115cfm/runner and the V2 flows 230cfm/runner......that is a rough estimate.......but you can see these intake outflow the stocker and even the 86/87 intakes.

I bought the Ramchargers electric fans for $80ish and cut them a lot to mount them on my stock radiator. If I had to do that over I would buy the radiator out of the early 90's F-body and slap the Ramchargers fans on that without a problem......plus the F-body radiator is much bigger.(V8)The F-body radiator is only $125 at Autozone.

When I installed my intake I also put on all the other parts in my sig...........it was a very big task for me to complete.......first intake I ever changed or installed. I learned a lot about my car and love the potential it now has. I cant wait to get her up to 16# on pump gas.

You cant go wrong with this kit!!!:cool: If I had another Hot Air I would buy the one NOCOOLER has for sale.

You can check my pictures out in my sig.

Later, Nick

Oh ya, no intercooler scoop with the kit, but you can put one on the intercooler if you want. I havent got one yet......I am curious how big of a difference it would make, quarter mile times and just banging around town??

The biggest problem I have/had is the mounting of the adj. wastegate, I ended up ruining my $60 turbo heat sheild (the wastegate put two nice dents in it) from custom buick regal/engravor.

Oh ya, you may want to ask NOCOOLER if the intake has the EGR welded off (emissions, if ya gottem) and if the intake or intercooler piping is powder coated(I think its powder coating??........it helps dissapate heat and make them look good.)

Hey BuickTV6 : What do you have your adj. fuel pressure regulator hooked up to(Vacumm/Boost Line)? I have a tee coming off my turbo and running to the wategate and the fuel pressure regulator. Should I just have the wastegate hooked up to the turbo? And have the fuel pressure regulator hooked up to something else like the port off the passenger side of the intake?

Thanks, Nick

would the f-body radiater bolt right on? I can get one for almost nothing! Iwas planning on changing the rad.. because of a leak so that would work out nice. do you think youd be able to help me out on some installation do's and don'ts! If i get the kit I'll be wanting to put it on asap!! Although no answers about chip needs wth the v2. Did you swap the computer with 86-87 your self? As you can probably tell I'd like to do as much as i can on my own, I dont want to f*** anything up though. Thanks!

Yes intercooler scoop is not included with the setup.Elextric fan went in pretty easy. Looks stock as if it came to the car, however took some fabricating. If you want, you can get a rad from a 397 even bolt it in, and get an 86/7 rad shroud and fan. Will bolt right up and looks like stock.
IQuick85 - I have the adjustable fuel pressure regulator plugged into the ppassanger side port on the intake(the side the recieves boost) So when the boost hits the intake, it'll adjust the fuel pressure regulator diaphram accordingly.The stock setup had it the same way too. I then just put 2 tees on on the passanger side port. One for the fpr, one for my autometer bppst guage, and 1 for my facotry boost guage still works.
As for the turbo, right niw i have the wastegate just hooked up to the turbo. I find I can run a more consistent amount of boost and at higher levels. When I run it to the wg solenoid with the stock plastic valve in place, it seems to want to bleed of 5-6 psi boost. I think I might have a bad wg sol but im not sure. gotta check when i pull it out.

HTH

id personally would go with the v-1 intake or a nicely ported stocker
then slap on a SPearco kit for the hot-aired buicks.

if you go with the v-2 your gunna have to purchase alot of other things to make it work, fans, shroud, radiator, cooler scoop
alot of small things.

i guess it comes down to, how much you wanna spend, and if you know what your doing

Thanks BuickTV6!!

You can put a 87 ECM in your car and then get a custom chip for it.........or you can stay with the "Hot Air" ECM and get a custom chip for that........when you run this kit you would probably get the most out of it with a custom chip.

I would go with the V2, I like it......I dont know what I am doing in every situation, but my car has never seen a shop since I have owned it. I refuse to give up on her and take her to a shop. You will have to get a lot of little stuff that you would not expect just to get stuff hooked up and sh!t, at least I did. I did more then just slap on the V2 kit though. I think now would be the best time to buy it........spring is just starting, well at least here in Wisconsin.

Is a intercooler scoop a must have???:confused: It would only work when the car is moving there is no way to hook up a intercooler fan to suck fresh air in:confused:

With the spearco kit you are still going to want to go with a bigger radiator and an electric fan......at least I would........I know my belt driven fan could hardly handle the spearco infront of it.

V2 intake/intercooler kit Vs. V1 intake/spearco intercooler kit PRICE WISE WOULDNT THE V1 WITH SPEARCO BE A LITTLE MORE???

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can sell you stock components if you want and then use some of that money towards the radiator and electric fans and the other little sh!t that will come up that you may need.

I am done rambling..........my I ramble......later guys......it really is all up to personal preference and how much time/money you want to put into her. With the V2/stock ported with spearco....and a bigger turbo you will surprise lots of guys at the strip.

Later, Nick

Not to go against the spearco kit, but I like the way the v2 looks. If its true about the spearco having a problem with the fan and I'd have to change over anyway, I'd rather go with V2. Do you remember all the little things you had to do? I dont think you're rambling at all!!!! Write as much as you can, although not that experienced in engines I'm like a spounge!!!give me more! I've got acess to all the tools and time i need to figure things out. " a smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others " So please V2 users all the info possible!
thanks!

My kit comes with the intercooler scoop and the egr isn't welded shut.

The intake and pipes aren't powdercoated - they are painted "crinkle" black.

This kit really wakes up the car and makes it drive nice.

I'm willing to work out a deal.....

Jeremy

I'm interested on istallation of it. Some one Please shine some light!! Wastegate problems? :confused:

84turbogn: Suprisingly installation of this kit is very easy and very straight forward. I am not too sure how familiar you are with engines, but its childsplay. My buick was stock and was never opened when I put the kit on. was my 2nd 3.8 to tear apart as i was a smallblock chevy guy until i felt the power of the turbo buick:p There was not much other parts needed for the kit. The only thing I didn't get in the kit were the gaskets for the thermostat housing, the valleypan for the intake manifold, vacuum lines, throttle and cruise cable if u wanna run cruise, and turbo exhaust gaskets if they need to be changed. Ask Nocooler what his kit comes with and then you can buy accordingly. As I said earlier, you will need an electric fan on your rad. You do not have to change the rad to run the TM kit. But i would suggest getting a fan that will cool very well. I have mine looking like it is exactely like how it came from the factory. I cut the current fan shroud off, and got an electric fan off of a olds delta 88. They are all the same fans in most fwd vehicles, pretty well. This one has a 2 speed setup. I then wired in a relay and a temp sensor into the rad and another into the A/c compressor. The fan turns on when the motor hits over 180 degrees. and will stay constantly on when I run my A/C
Or As i said earlier, you can purchase an electric fan setup, or grab one off of an 86/7 gn, its really easy to do. The intake goes on with ease. Since I had the engine apart, I changed all the vital sensors just to freashen them up. Like the coolent temp sensor, and such. This is not needed, but I just didn't want to take chances. Also, I got new seals for the turbo oil return line and the pcv valve on the intake manifold. your old ones might still be good. If they appear to look and feel good(no cracks and supple rubber) then clean them up, and reuse them. I also changed my fuel injectors to run the bigger turbo. Bue you can run stock injectors and stock turbo with the kit. Be advised the stock turbo does tend to run out of steam at high RPM's, but is not noticable if you want to mess around on the city streets. If you do not have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and high flow fuel pump, that is a must. The turbomotion kit loves fuel, moreso then the stock 86/7 setup. so you wanna have a good fuel pump, preferbally walbro 307 or 340 and a hotwire kit for it. The kit also comes with a vacuum block and check valve to run all the vacuum lines on the vehicle. I highly reccomend re-doing all the vacuum lines. Most of the old ones won't work anyways. Just run to the parts store and grab a few feet of line. I took the vacuum block thats included in the kit down with me to the parts store so I could determine what sizes i needed. You will also need a new oil breather cap and get a good air filter. The stock maf tube can be used, but it will be a little bit shorter because the throttlebody is no longer there anymore. The wastegate was a little interesting to do. Reason being because the turbo exhaust housing gets reclocked in order to run the pluming for the intercooler. I just did a little measuring, and i drilled new holes right onto the wastegate bracket and it works. The only other thing that takes some time is mounting the intercooler. It takes a little time to get everything lined up the way you want, and having it looking how you want. It is a very easy kit to install. If you do decide to purchase it, i'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. I can even take some more pictures of the vacuum lines and such to show you how I did it. If you are looking at intercooling, and want quick and easy results fast, I would reccomend getting this kit hands down. Sorry for the long lecture!:)

BuickTV6 do you have a problem with being able to run the cruise control cable? The way my throttle bracket is setup the cruise control line would have to go straight through the intlet bell.
So that is a little issue....you would have to have the bracket re-worked so the cruise can be hooked up.

A big issue with my kit when I got it was that the intercooler was damage..........it had 3 leaks!!:mad: That sucked!!
I got my kit for $900 with a damaged intercooler......which cost $90 to have fixed.

Now, that I think about it I dont think you would run into that much of a headache just throwing on the V2 and keeping the rest of the car stock.......beside the the electric fan and chip. I think most my extra stuff needed was just little stuff for everything else I did. I had to buy a couple of tools too.

You also have to love the sound of the pressurized air hitting the throttle blade when you let off of the gas pedal.........people on the street just look at me, well they do that anyways........cause they are wondering what I did to my Monte Carlo and why my TACH in mounted on my hood.......:rolleyes: For the last time its a fuel pressure guage........:p PEOPLE!!

Later guys, Nick.

**Oh ya have ya guys ever notice how high my post count is.......I asked tons of questions about my V2 when I was installing it.........there is more then enough help on this website to get the job done. Man I cant believe how high my post count is ;) **

Well, I'm going for it. I made an offer on the kit. I hope he gets back with me soon. I'm going to check into the fan and. rad untill then. Thanks for the input. Any pictures of thigs you had to do would be helpfull. I'm fairly inexperienced with engines, but I'd rather learn myself. With all the info here I could probably do anything to my car. I plan on installing the v2 myself how long should i set aside for the project? Should the stock 97,000 mile motor be okay with new set up. I eventually want to hook the motor up, but it runs so good now I'd never think to redo it but I dont want to cause any unnessesary problems. Thanks everyone! Keep the info coming!!!

Tim

Just checked my pm's and we got an aswer. I've requested Pics of the kit, I don't want to buy a incomplete setup! can I see what all comes in the kit.Any way to get that info. Nothing against nocooler I just want to be safe. Thanks!!

nocooler

I tell you ive talked to nocooler and he is a straight shooter.

He even sent me the LT headers,dp,and deltagate to me(we traded some things) and I havent even shipped his parts out yet:) Definately a good guy IMO

If he says its complete id bet my left nut it is:cool:

I think Tim and I have struck a deal on the kit :D

Thanks for the good words Drew.....

Later
Jeremy